Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trip to Brady

murfar1

Hope you don

some great childhood memories. Some of the most beautiful country is from Austin and westward into the Hill Country of Texas. I have been to Brady, Texas many times over the years, and now it is one of the favorite sites for deer hunters. Most folks don't know it, but the Hill Country did not have electricity until the early 1950's thanks to LBJ. I still have an aunt and cousin living in Kingsland, Texas and we always enjoy the trip up to see them. We are lucky to live in Texas. Thanks for posting the story, I liked it. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

I sure like the way those old stories are told. They had a way with words that is in short supply these days.
Thank you!:)

A fine country tale of days gone by!

In the '60s I traveled through the area and was taken with its beauty and country charm.

My folks lived on the coast of Texas at the time and I made the treck from Phoenix from time to time for visits.

I learned a lot about Texas where I was born on those trips.

Many thanks for stirring some fine memories of what I feel were better days,

CJ.