Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trip to Western Florida

Auriemma

I'll be in western Florida in 23 days. We have a nice place on the beach in Sanibel Island.

Which detector would you take?
E-Trac (stock) or Sovereign XS with meter and S-12 coil

I can't take both, need room for a fishing rod.

I would take the Sovereign/S-12/meter unless you are sure that you will be hunting trashy areas where the Etrac/stock would be better.
Metered Sovereign/S-12 in pinpoint + wet sand = gold ring.
You may want to cover the speaker with painters tape to keep out the sand.
HH.

Charles

As far as covering the speak, ive found a gallon baggy works well. Put it on and it will still snap into place on the stick. Its might depend on the beach trash and iron as well. The Sov with a larger coil has pretty slow recovery. BUT tones in the lower gold range goes to the Sov. Unlike the Xcal, ive not found the Sov any deeper in PP mod. In the Dry sand if you want to use a program, tweak your machine or disc out targets the ET has the advantage. BUT im one who dont look for a reason to disc any targets but iron or shallow bottle cap and i like to keep it simple so working by sound with the Sov would be my choice. Most good beach hunter find a method that works best for them as well as the equipment they choose.

Dew

I've spent the better part of 25 years each winter in western Florida, Sarasota, Tampa, St. Pete, and of course on the east coast.....South Beach. Funny how at South Beach the guys detecting there seem to think that there is something to find around the women who are topless. I see lots of them detecing right next to these women.

The E-track is one of my favorite dry and wet sand detectors for the beaches. But remember, it is very tempting to put it as close to the water as possible. The E-trac will flood out if you go deeper than you should and raise the coil past horizontal. I've dropped my E-track in the water a couple of times and it is not fun having to wait and see if it is dead. So far I have been lucky.