Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TROND Headphones 4.2LL

5900_XL-1

I asked an official about the BT version concerns with whether an the Tronds marked 4.2LL in the packaging slip, would be guaranteed NOT to actually be Ver 5.0, and imcompatible with the Equiinox. This was the response:

Thank you for contacting us. TROND Bluetooth headphones is always Bluetooth 4.2. We do not upgrade it to bluetooth 5.0 yet. Please do not worry. If you want buy a second set, please just buy it directly.

All TROND products come with 18-month product warranty. If any question about the products , please let us know.

Regards,
Bruce - TROND Customer Care

That’s good, I just ordered a pair of those off Amazon yesterday. I bought a pair of Miccus this Fall and they are BT 5.0. They seemed to work OK but I plan on doing the 2.0 update on my 600 and have heard that the 5.0’ have issues with pairing with some machines after updating.

Hi all.

I would like to weigh in here. I'm not sure if Bruce from Trond's information is correct (the gentleman who answered 5900_XL-1's question). There is another representative from Trond who said the opposite -- that the newest version of the Trond TD-BH01 headphones HAVE INDEED switched to Bluetooth version 5.0, but that they have not yet updated the printed specs that come with the Trond headphones (which still show Bluetooth version 4.2).

I have some other information regarding BT-80 aptX low-latency headphones, using Bluetooth version 4.1, that I will post here in a new thread.

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Hi all.

I would like to weigh in here. I'm not sure if Bruce from Trond's information is correct (the gentleman who answered 5900_XL-1's question). There is another representative from Trond who said the opposite -- that the newest version of the Trond TD-BH01 headphones HAVE INDEED switched to Bluetooth version 5.0, but that they have not yet updated the printed specs that come with the Trond headphones (which still show Bluetooth version 4.2).

I have some other information regarding BT-80 aptX low-latency headphones, using Bluetooth version 4.1, that I will post here in a new thread.

Steve

Yes, the two feedbacks are contradictory. I don't immediately believe the "good news" without personal reservations either, until someone takes possession of a set of Tronds and have zero problems. I may be that guy myself. Still haven't ordered.

Ohio Coinhunter, and 5900_XL-1 -- I have a new set of Miccus SR-71, version 5.0, and a new set of Trond TD-BH01 in hand, sent to me by a friend who tried both sets, and neither would pair with his Equinox (so he got a set of Minelab ML80/BT80, and they paired just fine for him). I am going to try pairing both sets of these BT80s to my Equinox 800 today, which is running version 2.0 firmware. I will report back...

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Ohio Coinhunter, and 5900_XL-1 -- I have a new set of Miccus SR-71, version 5.0, and a new set of Trond TD-BH01 in hand, sent to me by a friend who tried both sets, and neither would pair with his Equinox (so he got a set of Minelab ML80/BT80, and they paired just fine for him). I am going to try pairing both sets of these BT80s to my Equinox 800 today, which is running version 2.0 firmware. I will report back...

Steve

Thanks Steve. Looking forward to your results.

OK. Yes the Miccus SR-71’s pair with my Nox 600. I tested it again today. I see the Bluetooth icon, a + sign and tiny headphones all together in the upper right corner of the screen. Audio seems fine air testing no grossly apparent lag. I bought them off Amazon a few months back thinking they were automatically the 4.2 version as everyone on the forums talked about them being the same ones without the Minelab logo including the dealer I got the Nox from. I only went out a few hours as my schedule and a hot bone dry summer limited more time out hunting.

So after reading about doing the 2.0 update, I seen and read posts about how the headphones didn’t pair up afterwards. Then posts about Miccus updating to 5.0 Bluetooth. So I dig out the box and look and sure enough the specifications list:

Bluetooth 5 with aptX Low Latency, Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, 20 hours playback, 180 hours standby, Operating Range 33ft, 2 year warranty.

So now I’m thinking that if I upgrade to 2.0 the headphones likely won’t pair. OK no biggie, I’ll use them for the TV when Wifey goes to bed and I stay up.

So back to more reading and found info on the Trond. I look on Amazon and they have them listed as 4.2 aptX LL. These have the mic over the ear which I wasn’t aware of until I read the description again after ordering them last Friday. Then I read Steve’s post on the Trond, read the Amazon description again and it says BH 01, not BT. I tried to cancel the order but too late, already in the shipping pile and I’ll get them tomorrow. I wanted to cancel them because when I read they have a mic, I figured they’re the wrong ones anyway, plus the BH 01.

So...now that I’m even more confused with these headphones lol, I bought a brand new WM-08 wireless module on Flea site last night for a hair over $70. I’ll use it as a backup if all else fails. I used the WM-10’s on my CTX year before last and have no issues with using that type of setup

So...when the Tronds come I’ll try them and see. Probably not till Wednesday as I’ll be home chilling on New Year’s Day. I will let you know what happens. I can return them if they don’t work.

I bought my son a pair from here and they work good on the 600 before and after the upgrade.
I would ask to make sure they are version 4.2, What i did before i bought them.

https://metaldetectingstuff.com/search?type=product&q=headphones

Thanks for the excellent, additional info everyone. The Tronds (as I mentioned in the other thread) also paired just fine with my 800, running firmware version 2.0 (as did the 5.0 Bluetooth version of the Miccus SR-71 Stealth).

Thanks!

Steve