Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trouble with Excal 2

I posted the problems May 31, that I was having with my new Excal 2. I appreciate every one who responded and their comments. I took it to Myrtle Beach and had two of the local Excal 2 owners try it. Neither could get it to work right in the water. I then sent it back to minelab. After numerous calls they finally took a look at it and called today and told me that the sensitivity knob is bad. They also told me they don't have the part to fix it but will have to order it from Australia. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Charles

Humm no parts ?? Might be cause las Vegas has shut down and that there moving to Chicago area !
Good luck
it really is a great machine !
Hh
John

Being new i would have thought they could have replaced the complete electronics pod, not your fault THEY don't have spares

Well I talked 2 Vegas 2 weeks ago & sent a unit there 4 repair. I also asked them if they were still repairing them there & they replied yes ?????????

[size=x-large]Charles, did you charge it on your Credit Card? If the goods are defective, and the merchant balks at taking them back, you can ask the credit card issuer to rescind To declare a contract void of no legal force or binding effect from its inception and thereby restore the parties to the positions they would have occupied had no contract ever been made.

Yea, I'd do that. If you buy something new you shouldn't have to wait two months for it to be fixed. That's when they should send you a brand new product because like he said it's not your fault they don't have a simple part handy to slap in there and get it back to you in a few weeks. That would be like you buying a new car and it breaks down within a few weeks. You take it back to the dealer and he says the part needed won't be available for a long time. Mean while you are out good money for something you can't drive or use. They'd be giving me a new car or else...

Joe, I did buy it with a credit card, but it has been to long. I wasn't sure that the unit was bad, or if it was just my operation of it. I also hated to send it back because of the post wait time on repairs. That is why I waited on a second opinion before I sent it back.When I bought it I had to wait a couple of months because no one had any in stock their fore I could not exchange it.I just hope they get it fixed. Thanks Charles

Prayer for you buddy..hope you get it back soon......joe

The dealer you bought it from should have sorted things out for you if they are any good, why should you pay more with postage, phone calls etc.? its under waranty and bad from the word go

Kered, exchanging the Excal 11 for a new one would be good business. Or let Charles have a good loaner until the part came in, and not wait for two months to get a part from Australia. Just my 2 cents, GH, Don

UPS are fast, i ordered a humidity sensor for my incubator monday late evening, within minutes of the order i was informed by email that it was too late for the order to be despatched monday, it was posted tuesday morning from Minasota, USA and arrived at my door wednesday 10am in Spain, taking into consideration we are +7 hours on Minasota thats pretty good going. i would say about 24 hours at most.