Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Truck bed Liner.

opa81

I live in The Netherlands, and this summer I will go to Orlando, Florida for a 3 week holiday.

I like to buy some truck bed liner for use on my Excallibur, because we do not use this stuff over here I like to be sure that I buy the right one, the one without the metal particles.

I'm not sure which brand to buy but the brands I did read about are:

Rustoleum and

Pep Boys

Are these the ones without the metal particles ??

Thanks,

Andre

I used Bed Armor on my SEF for the Exp SE. Works fine.... B U T if you have a ML warranty it WILL void it. Got mine at Auto Zone i believe. Id still recommend the coil cover just because there is an 1/8th more protection and some play for impact.

Dew

ALSO a coil cover can be used for another purpose. You can put your name phone number and any ID number you want etched INSIDE the cover. IF your detector ever gets stolen, you have a chance to get it back. If it gets sent in for repairs or if the police find one NO thief would think about taking off the cover.

Every time when I'm back from the beach it takes me forever to get of the coil cover, that's why I want to use bed liner. The beaches I search are only sand no rocks.

Mine are too.... but i keep my coil so low ive went thru 2 coil covers. Its like sand paper.

Dew

I use the Duplicolor aerosol spray bed liner on my coils. Sick of cleaning black sand out of my coil covers. If it get's worn off it's an easy repair. No noticeable effect on the detector. Available in most discount auto parts stores.

I live on the north side of Orlando, let me know if you want to hook up for a bit of hunting!

Its an easy repair on an Et.... but ML charges and arm and leg to do it on an Xcal. Yes you can do it yourself, but a coil and cable is still pretty pricy. Ive got it on my SE SEF coil but i really keep an eye on it to ensure i keep the stuff on it.

Dew

Thank you sailorman for your advise. I will buy the Duplicolor Aerosol spray bed liner.

Also thanks for your offer to do some metal detecting, but I do have my girlfriend and my son with me and no metal detector:(

opa81 said:
Thank you sailorman for your advise. I will buy the Duplicolor Aerosol spray bed liner.

Also thanks for your offer to do some metal detecting, but I do have my girlfriend and my son with me and no metal detector:(

Welllllllll.................I do just so happen to have an extra machine and scoop if you develop an overwhelming desire to hit the beach!

By the way, you want the Bed Coating, not the Bed Armor. The factory says the Bed Armor may contain some metal but the Bed Coating is metal free.

To stop sand getting under my coil cover I made sure both were clean then put clear silicon sealant around the edge where they join.

If I ever need to send it in for a service while under warranty I can just peal off the silicon. Have had it sealed for a couple of months and have used it on the beach and diving with no issues.

HH

-- moved topic --