Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

True wireless headphones for the CTX? Maybe Z-Lynk?

Saker

I just joined the CTX club and took it for its first hunt today. I like the WM10 wireless module so I don't have to be plugged into the detector, but you still have the wire from the headphones to the module.

I was thinking - would plugging the Z-Lynk module into the WM10 module work? I'm thinking - CTX talks to WM10 module - Z-Lynk module is plugged into WM10 module - then the Z-Lynk module talks to the Z-Lynk headphones. Would the multiple wireless connections cause issues with latency or cause interference? Has anyone tried this in the field?

I have a Z-Lynk for my AT Pro and though this might work? I might give it a try next time I go out but wanted to see if anyone had any luck with it. Would be great if it worked, can throw both modules in the pouch and not worry about the wires.

Anyone tried anything else to make wireless headphones work on the CTX?

I found a good solution for me.

these are very short coiled cord with 1/2* stereo plugs and plugged it into a 1/8" stereo to the 1/4" plug that goes into the WM10. It is a perfect fit from my Trond headphones to the WM10 clipped to my Mineland swing harness upper strap near my shirt pocket level. So absolutely no long cords to get in my way which I hate. So it turns basically any headphone set with a 1/8" stereo female plug into wireless headphones. I think most wireless headphones have this alternate 1/8" stereo female plug. I am super picky about my headphones. Did not like the Minelwab wireless headphones for the Nox and don't like the CTX Koss headphones for the same reason. Too much bass tones.

Hope this may help, it was perfect for me.

I use the z link on my ctx with no issues. I have the zlink module plugged straight into my ctx. I also use the zlink pinpointer.

I use the z link on my ctx with no issues. I have the zlink module plugged straight into my ctx. I also use the zlink pinpointer.
Thanks! I gave it a try over the weekend and it worked perfectly, with the pinpointer as well. I couldnt get volume at first but then realized I didnt have it plugged in all the way to the CTX.

I'm glad it worked for ya. I know I really like it. I just bought another z link system for my other ctx. Mainly so I would have a back up if I ever need it

I'm glad it worked for ya. I know I really like it. I just bought another z link system for my other ctx. Mainly so I would have a back up if I ever need it
Do you use the ms-3 headphones that come with the z link? Do you know if you are able to switch them out or are the ms-3 a good choice for the ctx? Thanks!

I use the ones that came with the z-link. I like them just fine. I didn't like the ones that came with 3030 and I didn't like the wire after using v3i for several years. That's why I tried the z link... Good in my book...

Terry

I use the ones that came with the z-link. I like them just fine. I didn't like the ones that came with 3030 and I didn't like the wire after using v3i for several years. That's why I tried the z link... Good in my book...

Terry
Same here. I use the z-lynk with the MS-3 headphones on the CTX. Works great!

I just joined the CTX club and took it for its first hunt today. I like the WM10 wireless module so I don't have to be plugged into the detector, but you still have the wire from the headphones to the module.

I was thinking - would plugging the Z-Lynk module into the WM10 module work? I'm thinking - CTX talks to WM10 module - Z-Lynk module is plugged into WM10 module - then the Z-Lynk module talks to the Z-Lynk headphones. Would the multiple wireless connections cause issues with latency or cause interference? Has anyone tried this in the field?

I have a Z-Lynk for my AT Pro and though this might work? I might give it a try next time I go out but wanted to see if anyone had any luck with it. Would be great if it worked, can throw both modules in the pouch and not worry about the wires.

Anyone tried anything else to make wireless headphones work on the CTX?
I clip the wm10 on my Doc's Swingy Thing harness (love it) near my left shoulder and have a small 6" coiled cord to plug to my Trond earphones and the WM10. Not bad at all and don't have any cord down to my waist.

Well went to the beach and pulled out the CTX and it continually nulled. Not sure why... Tried everything and finally went back to original setup on my headphones and bam.... Not sure why but on the beach I couldn't use the Garret wireless setup.

Well went to the beach and pulled out the CTX and it continually nulled. Not sure why... Tried everything and finally went back to original setup on my headphones and bam.... Not sure why but on the beach I couldn't use the Garret wireless setup.
Now that is odd. Nothing else changed besides headphone stuff? What could be causing such a thing? I’m not familiar with the Zlink at all…

It's done this a couple times out hunting and I always blamed it on bad ground....I think it a type of inference with the wireless system