Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trusting & Understanding CTX readings (2 observations)

Stogger

Just 2 interesting observations noted during my last 2 hunts:

1. I recently got permission to hunt around a 1920's home site that burned down. All that is left is the chimney. the area is riddled with nails and trash. Anyway, as I was sweeping, I noticed a solid circle around 12-38 that would show up and disappear, and would show only in one direction but not on the return sweep...and no sound for this indication. Along with this an occasional "overload" indication and continuous indications and sounds in the low 12's. When I dug, there was a section of screening. 2 Miller High Life cans, and one of the old screw-in type fuses. All in the ground on top of each other. The reason I'm writing about this is I thought it pretty amazing the the detector "saw" the copper in the end of the fuse through the screen and 2 aluminum cans. By itself the fuse read 12-38.

2. Just completed another marathon 8.5 hour beach search. Didn't find much except about $4.50 in clad, lots of bottle tops, flip tops, and a matchbox car. One coin dump had a couple quarters, dimes, nickels and a penny all within one scoop. The detector indicated the normal "popping" and speckled pattern you see with a bottle top. I thought for sure it was a bottle top but dug it anyway and to my surprise, there was a handful of coins. Normally I don't dig the popping jumping around the screen signals.

3. Is a question: Lots of aluminum bottle covers (the peel off type), ring in at 12-01, 13-01, 12-02 etc. Can gold indicate this low?

Mike

you find a few in the 12-01 normally the smaller earrings. But the 12-02 for sure. In the water dont pass up anything that isnt a bottle cap or iron. That 12-01 is most likely can slaw...... BUT out there with fewer targets and it being buried not moving, you just have to dig. Ive found several pieces of gold bracelets others didnt dig. In the dry sand ..... there are a ton of those 12-01, you have to determine the amount of time you have vs pay off for something larger. Bottle caps have a distinct location on the smart screen...... and its no where near coins except for large SILVER. Some of the newer ones do have a little copper and may fool you. My suggestions ........ open screen find a bottle cap and black out that area...... nothing worth finding in that area.

Dew

Thanks Dew! I go back and forth to open screen and back, but haven't blocked out areas yet. I'll give that a try next time out.

Look on page 122 of andys book. I modified it lowering the fe to just above a bobbie pen. The black area in the upper area is bottle caps. I changed some boarders to open or close them for targets.