Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX Finds Indian Garrett PP Missed???

hunter_46356

Met up with ironsight for a short hunt this afternoon at "Pounded Park". Picked his brain a bit since in my opinion he's a very accomplished Etrac Operator as well as Silver Hound. He gave me some pointers on certain areas of my program that I should open up. Did a little tweaking and off I went to an area I had found a couple 40's wheat's just yesterday. After digging a 50 wheat then a memorial I get a one way with a bouncy 10,11,12- 39 to 44. A 90deg gives me some 10-40's with several 1-38 thru 44. with a sweat high squeal. Depth was bottoming out. Cut the plug and dug out to about 8

I wish i was able to make it but pierogi fest was calling my name. 2 more street tear outs in the area that we on hunt. But nice finds. When had my etrac i walked over the 1-40s numbers now im head banging my head on my desk.

my pro pointers is acting up did u like the trx?

Time will tell about the 01 Con. numbers but understanding that nothing is perfect world and conditions, soil and depth change everything I will be investigating these numbers a bit more. Not even sure it was the IH that was giving the 1's but the high tone was there. The combination of both targets in close proximity might explain that and the fact they were more or less in the sides of the hole. I was using the 13" Ultimate. PP was tough but you know the good stuff is deep and that's what the Ultimate will find. As far as comparing the TRX vs Garrett PP, they both have their pro's/cons. TRX appears to be deeper and a sharper field but it doesn't scan the length of the probe like the Garrett. Both have their applications. Really wish I could find a Sunray X1 for the Trac. That would be the Ultimate set up in my opinion. In the meantime it probably wouldn't hurt to add the TRX to the arsenal.