Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX issue?

cadman_us

Used my TRX today for the first time. Having an issue with the TRX being sensitive at the tip but also being sensitive at the light with a dead spot between. In a deep hole I had issues with the area up by the light sounding off causing me to chase ghost signals in the hole.

I thought it was sensitive only at the tip area.

Anybody else noticed this?

I can fully understand the tip, as a matter of fact i like that. But why would it be sensitivity near the light?

[attachment 285763 ScreenHunter_146Mar.0922.02.jpg]

This is showing how it detects using the tip and not the sides. The key words are "area of detection". The only way it falses as you call it is if there was a target in the hole near the handle or you didn't use the ground grab so it didn't read the ground.

It is OK. The other pinpointers read from the tip all the way to the handle.:blush:

It would not surprise me if it was sounding off back there. It is after all a small detector coil and detector coils are sensitive on the top and bottom.

To eliminate this it would take more engineering and the use of lead which I think is not really permissible in the USA :shrug:

My propointer sounds off everywhere, I have to do a ground grab with it in order to have any semblance of sanity.

All metal detecting coils are sensitive on both ends (sides). With a little more practice, you will quickly learn how to use just the tip of the pinpointer to locate targets.

A couple things may help. Change sensativity to level 2 that helps alot or detune .. That stops the top of coil to being sensative or handle area. Whites told me this trx is built from the mxt platform. Very powerful. So just use the pinpointer how you want ;) change to sens level 4 to save digging and collect targets down to 4-5" deep and if you dont like all that power going down into a dug hole then just lower sens down to 2 or detune.

basstrackerman said:
A couple things may help. Change sensativity to level 2 that helps alot or detune .. That stops the top of coil to being sensative or handle area. Whites told me this trx is built from the mxt platform. Very powerful. So just use the pinpointer how you want ;) change to sens level 4 to save digging and collect targets down to 4-5" deep and if you dont like all that power going down into a dug hole then just lower sens down to 2 or detune.

The video was done at level 3, changed it to level 2 still sounds off in the middle, will try ratcheting/detune next time I am in the field.

I like the fact there's some side detection. There's times where I want to wave the last few clumps of dirt over the TRX just like I did on the GPP. Having to use only the focal point in front of the tip is clumbsy IMPO. Fact is, I've not had mine out in much of a real hunt yet since getting it, but when I did, I found I was wrongly waving dirt over the blank-zones on the sides. All in all this thing is amazing. I had my initial doubts at the start but unless it's reliability doesn't hold up...this PPr will be the king. martin

I think most handheld pinpointers give signal the entire length of the shaft. The TRX is hotter at the tip. I only know of one pinpointer that detects Only at the tip...not sure the brand, but its the waterproof one. The TRX is one of the deeper models.

Sounds to me its working fine, even the popular Garrett pro pinpointer can detect off sides... It comes in handy like when there is target to side of hole etc and you missed it with tip etc. And after all it is a detector coil.