Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX Pinpointer Now Waterproof!

coast40

Sooo, is the one I bought in January waterproof?
"Waterproof to 10 feet. IP 68 Certified" on the White's website.

Good question. I bought one about six weeks ago. Wonder if it is waterproof? Has the same part number as the one listed on there website. If not I would have waited to get the waterproof one if I knew it was coming out. How can we tell if you got the waterproof one or not? say you buy one now is it going to be the waterproof one or old stock,they look the same. Hopefully someone can give us the answer.

I would call the factory direst at 541-367-6121. Customer service is very helpful and can answer your question.

HH
Matt

I asked a few weeks ago and Mary emailed back and said they are all waterproof

I purchased one last year when they first were sold it never said it was waterproof

Whites forum doesnt even talk about this?

Here is Whites announcement it says "weatherproof" so how do the old ones suddenly become waterproof?
TRX%20dealer%20announce2.jpg

I think the old ones were waterproof: they just needed to get the certification process done.
It would be nice if White's would make an official,statement though.

I've had mine since they came out and have submereged many times in sink cleaning mud off..never leaked!!!if

My guess is the certifying Gods had to put it through the testing process. Until it was certified, White's could only claim that is was weatherproof. :shrug:

I got it in an email announcement.

"Waterproof!
The Bullseye® TRX is now IP68 certified "Waterproof" to 10 feet. Go ahead, take it to the beach, use it in a creekbed, or even in the pouring rain. Plus, check out the "hidden" sensitivity settings and how to adjust."

Thank you, Whites!
GL and HH

Here's a screenshot of the announcement from White's.

The ultimate goal was for the TRX to have a waterproof rating.
There is a membrane where the speaker hole is and during testing this was changed out for a thinner membrane to allow for a louder beep volume but with the unit rolling out they did not get an official waterproof certification and so could not claim they were - hence the weatherproof rating.

The factory went ahead and had independent testing done to see if the TRX with the thinner membrane was waterproof, it was and it's waterproof down to 10 ft. The TRX was officially certified as waterproof with an IP68 rating.

What this means for you......
ALL production TRX's have the thinner membrane and all TRX's carry the same certified IP68 waterproof rating. It doesn't matter if you purchased the first TRX ever made or the most recently made TRX - They are ALL certified waterproof with an IP68 rating.

One quick note - if you get dirt or debris in the speaker hole do not use a foreign object to remove it or you could damage the membrane and nix your waterproof rating.

Hope that clears up some confusion!
Andrea

THANK YOU, ANDREA!!

Adjustment settings can be found here>
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?31,2030705,2030705