Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Try this one

NH Bob

You're right Jim, Former Explorer users are having a real hard time with this one. I get to the point where I want to give up on the ET and go back to the SE.
This has been tearing me apart since I got the ET. Yesterday I had the opportunity to turn in the ET and get my SE back. I was elated. I took it and went home. All last night, all I thought about was the E-Trac. Today I brought my SE back and got the E-Trac back again. "Try this one". When I knew I didn't have to have the ET anymore, I missed it. I thought about all the new features, the way it feels in your hand (my SE wasn't as comfortable after using the ET.) I know the sweet sound and high right and tight is gone. But if that's all the trade off is, why can't we overcome that.
I've thought a lot about this new Minelab and I can take a step forward just so I don't lag too far behind.
That's all folks.

There you go----That's got to be along the same thoughts of a lot of us.--I had the SE so now I have the E Trac.--I REALLY liked the SE and I think about it and then I think of the features etc. on the new E Trac that I REALLY like.--So for me at least, I feel it's worth makeing the change.--But I have always been a conductive sounds hunter--I know the "switch over" has been a different story for you ferrous guys.--It does seem something of a shame that Minelab didn't take it a bit of a step further in that regard but maybe there's a reason that we aren't aware of.--Speaking for myself-even if I could afford it-I don't think it would it would be feasable for me to have both the SE & E Trac.--I think there is enough difference in them that it would do nothing but "mess me up".--So for me-I'm going with the E Trac and at least "trying" not to look back. :thumbup: I do like it more the more I use it.--Sometimes I think it must be easier for a new user to "adjust" to a certain line of detectors than those of us that has used them for several years.--Maybe this new E Trac isn't going to be for just everyone--but it IS a good detector.-------Del

I would really hate to be in a either/or position on those two machines. The one I know and still need or the one I am not sure yet if it can replace the SE. Keep em both Bob, or you will eventually wish you had. If that is not an option, just go dig up a pine tree shilling and quit your stressing:beers: I hear they grow on trees out there.

If I remember correctly, I thought you said you were a contractor. I don't know if you are retired, but if you aren't, and you use that ETrac to locate underground utilities on your jobs, then there is a basis for it being a legitimate tax deductible tool expense, the same as a jack hammer or a saw. You would just need to talk to an accountant. Let uncle George pay 42%.:wiggle:

I know I would miss my E-Trac if it were gone :) I have never really liked a detector this much this fast. It took me while to like my first Explorer as there was so much to learn when that machine first came out. with this there are only a few things I have to learn or relearn. I have 16 hours of hunt time with an E-Trac now. Two from hunting with the Dealer and his demo unit and 14 hours of hunting with my new E-Trac this weekend. The more I use it the more it grows on you. I think one of the hardet things to give up I were to go back to the Explorer is the ergonomics of the E-Trac as it is so comfortable to hunt with!

HH

Beachcomber