Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying new settings on the e-Trac

DiggerODirt

I opened quickmask and moved the cursor to the right until I saw 6, and then up until I saw 32. This gave me a mostly open screen, only eliminating iron and foil trash. it works well in spots where there is not a lot of junk, but you know there may be coins among iron, bottle caps, or screw-caps. The park I was at is one of these parks. We have hit it multiple times and I am sure all the easy targets are gone. I encountered spots where there was a LOT of ear candy from junk, but mostly the hunt was quiet. I have the machine set up so that it will scream on anything above a penny (really high pitched). It stops you in your tracks, and that is exactly what I want. Here was the days haul...1 Merc dime (1935), 3 wheats (1916, 42D, 53D) and $3.62 in change. a warm enjoyable day. First time I could wear shorts this year.

Happy Hunting,

PS. The marks you see on the face of the wheats is carbon pencil. I use this trick to bring up the dates...DO NOT do this with large cents or other valuable copper coins.

Nice finds. That's how I hunt all the time. Screen opened up to line 29, go slow and let my ears do the detecting. If the iron gets tough I go to TTF and a smaller coil. Nice work keep it up

If I open up beyond 25, I seem to "find" a lot of iron. I've found numerous partially masked wheats and silvers at 24 though.

Do any of you ever dig targets above 31? I have been running a wide open screen and there are tons of 31/32-44. I have dug some but they always seem to be nails or other iron targets. Just wondering if anyone has had any success in this range.