Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying on a T2 Classic

Fletch88

I have owned several Omegas and Eurotek Pro's and decided it's time to try the T2 original. I loved the feel of the Omega/ T2 style handle but not the EMI trouble it seemed to have. Everyone still happy with their Classisc T2?

Must admit i have never really had any EMI issues since i have had my T2 original and its been a few years that i have owned ity,but saying that i dont live or hunt in towns like parks etc but when i am out in open fields i do go under overhead power lines and then only when i am running a big coil i may and it very rare get some issues.

One of the biggest causes of problems with the T2 and it running very erratic is that when folks get a T2 they tend to crank the sensitivity as high as it will go,and that is often the biggest cause of a T2 running erratic,me personally prefer mine to run as smooth as silk and it still remains a very deep machine.

Good luck with your new machine and keep us updated on how you go.

I have had my new classic t2 for about two weeks, so far it is my favorite detector, like it alot more than my f70, very very stable even at full power, will be getting the nel sharpshooter coil for it for even better separation in trash.

I have had my T2 'Classic' for a few weeks as well. I have 5 hunts on it so far and like it a lot. It seems to be built well, is very sensitive and the TID seems pretty good in the less trashy areas. Most my hunts are in very heavy iron and the 5" DD coil is great for these. The 11" coil is deep, but it does struggle in the trash due to the coverage. It will hit a fresh buried quarter at 9-10" in my soil, deeper in all metal but the TID goes blank, but the tones still work. It seems to like a faster swing speed on the deep targets, but you can swing slow in the iron or more shallow targets. I still have a lot to learn with the machine but am enjoying it. My Tesoros run a little quieter in the iron, but this machine can pull out some tiny targets. The 5" coil will air test a #6 piece of bird shot at 3".

I am hoping to use the machine for some deep silver. Trouble is most my parks are so trashy, I have not been able to really use the machine to is full potential. I look forward to trying it for gold prospecting soon.

toddsant said:
I have had my new classic t2 for about two weeks, so far it is my favorite detector, like it alot more than my f70, very very stable even at full power, will be getting the nel sharpshooter coil for it for even better separation in trash.

You will love the Sharpshooter coil. Running one on my T2 SE LTD and haven't taken it off yet.:biggrin:

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to try a 5" round or the 6.5 x3 NEL/ CORS coil for trashy areas.

Don't lose confidence in the t2 when you have to lower the sensitivity to hunt comfortably in an emi environment. It's still doing the job.

I just tried the 5" coil the other day after work. A friend of mine asked me to come over and look for her husband's wedding band that was believed to have been lost in one of four flower beds. I started with the Sharpshooter but there were still a lot of plants to maneuver around so I having brought the 5" coil along, I decided to use it. All I can say is WOW:surprised:, that little coil goes deep for its size. I didn't find the ring but was digging dimes, pennies at 5-6" with accurate TID. I knew the ring wasn't going to be that deep but my friend was so intrigued with seeing a metal detector in action, she told me to go ahead and dig some of the deeper signals. That 5" DD coil is amazing! You won't be disappointed with it.

the small 'OOR' DD coil on a Racer or FORS CoRe, the 6" Concentric on a Bandido II or other good Tesoro, the 6½" Concentric on an MXT Pro, the 5" DD on the Omega 8000 and .....

It's a healthy performance combination between a well designed search coil and a very well designed detector circuitry. I very seldom use anything larger than good-working, smaller-size search coils. They are very good in dense trash, for working around metal structures/fences, and can provide better-than-anticipated detection depth when conditions are favorable. :clapping:

Monte