Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TTF Question.....

Sonora70

I have tried the two tone ferrous a little lately......... I was searching at an old home site and kept getting high signals with a "44" for example but the other number would be maybe in the 30's or so. Every time I dug I kept getting square nails. Obviously I didn't find a coin, but still trying to learn this machine. I thought I read somewhere that I should dig all high signals.......??????

Old nails will usually give a false high signal in one direction. Look for a high tone when you check a signal at a90 degree angle.

A reading of say 30-44 like you said should produce a low tone. I dont remember exactly where the cutoff point for high tone and low tone is but if you are in two tone ferrous that should produce a low tone. Maybe you should try a pattern like the trashy park pattern for a while to help eliminate a lot of the other signals and just concentrate on digging signals that fall into the accepted areas.

The cutoff for iron is 17, if you are getting a high tone and you look and see that 30's ferrous number then "slow down" sweep over that area again much slower and in smaller swings isolating the high tone. The concept of the TTF is that by hearing the iron you can also hear a high conductivity target near it. If you discriminate out the iron signal it will often mask a good target near it. Do the slow sweep shortening up swing and circle the spot and see if you can isolate the high tone. Make sure if you do dig an iron target which will happen check your hole again for a high conductive target. Using TTF is something that takes practice but is exceptionally rewarding at times.

Dig all REPEATABLE high signals. If the target seems to move around on be erratic its most likely iron. Coins will hit MUCH harder than iron. Just takes experience. Keep at it!