Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TTF- Sounded like a freight train in my head

I got my new etrac two weeks ago and have been using it while it's not raining. Today I tried to use TTF on an old house site I've searched before 20 times at least and where I pulled my first etrac silver (in Andy S coin mode) the other day. To be perfectly honest it was a failure. I have no idea what was going on. It seemed as if iron was everywhere and it seemed impossible to detect. I set it up according to Goes4ever website but it may have been a case of too much too soon. Is there a secret to using TTF?

Also, it seemed after I set up TTF I seemed to have more nulling problems in my other programs? My threshold went null seemingly all the time so I wonder if I messed up another setting somewhere else? I did manage to pull a 1919s wheatie from the site but overall as good as I felt about my new etrac on Saturday when I found 3 wheats and a silver is as bad as I felt today. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Skate

Maybe this will help...... Take the "trashy park" pattern and load it up into your machine (It's posted on top the forum)....now open up the whole bottom half of the pattern leaving the top half just the way it is and save it. Now run your G4E settings like he recommends with your new trashy park pattern that you've opened up the bottom half. A small coil might also help you...your choice. That is my favorite pattern to use when I use TTF.....especially in a "trashy park".....lol Only investigate the higher tone(s).............

good luck

There are 2 videos out there that show why you should not use TTF and that you need to be using discrimination at all times. The etrac loves discrimination. If you are in a very heavy iron infested site the etrac is not the machine you want to use. It is slow and will null a lot. The etrac set up correctly is a coin finding beast but it is not the best for heavy iron and relics. I have an etrac among others and love it in the right situations.

Don't go hunting a junkpile to learn the machine,it's too much too soon. Like skating...you wouldn't recommend a newcomer trying 540's to start...crawl,walk,jog,run....the eTrac and Explorers can be used in iron rich environments with the right setup and the right experience. I've done it with great success. The trick is to use disc and trust what the machine is saying...unless you are detecting in the very worst of environments,it can be trusted for reliable VDI to about 8-9". That's VDI that is mostly good ALOT of the time(75%). Do NOT go chasing anything that doesn't VDI well right now. It is critical that you have a coin garden built with specific guidelines so you know what sweep speed works on what and how deep. Contrary to many people's belief,you CANNOT detect deep coins( 9+") with too slow of a sweep speed. I'll defend that statement to the death.
Don't be afraid of discrimination,especially when using High Trash. Whether it's using a comparator or some other means,it seems to thrive with disc. So will you!