Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TTF vs MTF

gunwolf

I am mostly a coinshooter, so this is what I based this test on. I have been experimentinga bit with MTF , I loaded 2 Andy s. coin programs into my modes one and two... first one with TTF and the second with MTF. (my settings below) . I ran the trashy park coin program with goes4evers settings to keep the test fair....over a virgin area (nieghbors yard) all modern clad and marked about 5 nice targets, and 5 iffy signals between 12-44 and 12-46 all roughly between 4-6" deep. this lawn is like my own and littered with rusty nails. I then went back over each signal switching back and forth between the TTF and MTF programs to see how each picked up the targets. beside the tones being different they both picked up the Nice 2way targets about equally. I did notice however that the MTF had an easier time IDing the iffy targets i marked. In TTF all 5 iffy signals remained jumpy or one way and unless I'm digging iffy signals that day I would have passed on all 5. in MTF 3 out of 5 iffy signals gave me enough clarity to want to dig them... I dug all 5 and yep...the 3 that MTF ID'd were coins the other 2 were rusty nails. so I think my next hunt will be using the Multi Tone Ferrous in any one of my programs to see what I missed. just thought i would share.
stock coil
sens.... Manual 24-27
Threshold level 20
volume limit 24
response normal
multi tone
ferrous
variability 30
limits 30
threshol pitch 30
recovery deep off
recovery fast off (sometimes I run on if trashy)
trash density high
ground difficult
noise cancel 2

Now things may change for me when my 13" ultimate coil gets here this week...