Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tuesday at the park

Met up with Larry(IL) at a park in Peoria for my first hunt of the year. This was my first outing with my "new to me" Explorer SE. The weather was cold and windy but I was dressed for it. The ground varied from undiggable to completely thawed. My take from the park included 7 wheats(1915D-oldest), 1901 IH Cent and a token good for 5 cents at the bar. It was great to get out and detect after this longgggggggg winter. Thanks to Larry for the invite and HH to all.

Nice digs Mike.
That looks like a sweet way to break the SE in...by poppin' a few goodies from a pounded park. The detectin' weather is finally creepin' up on us...yippee!

n/t

I enjoy token's almost as much as old coin's. They have a little more history to them, makes the the old brain think about the store and the people who lived then.
way to go, Gary

Nice!!! Your finds are going to start stacking up from hear on out!!!!!!!
Keep it up!!
Derrell

I like the old tokens. Good find MikeB

Good time had by all Mike.

Mike -

Nice finds. I looked in my 2nd edition (1983) of Trade Tokens of Illinois by Ore H. Vacketta and did not see the token you found. You may want to check old Illinois business directories or Peoria city directories. These might be found in libraries and historical societies in the Peoria area. Good luck and happy hunting.

Thanks, I found a city directory for 1884 that listed John A. Arnold Saloon right down the strret frrom where I found this token. It's not an exact date but it dates the business. HH