Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Turned the truck around

Tbone1

Yep
I had Kelly Co turn around the FedEx truck and take the MXT pro back to the warehouse and send the V3i, with the wireless instead.
Already have the straight MXT so I decided to jump a little further.
Downloaded the manual off the White site and reading like crazy on here as well.
I think I'm making a good move.
I see what folks mean about the learning curve but it can't be that tough.
Thanks to all for all the informative posts.

Read this forum . It will save you some time on the learning curve.

Like I did..You may have to accept some of the settings available..You will never use.

Good Luck !

Good choice with V3i. Fairly easy detector to use with the good factory programs. Lots of custom programs on the internet. If you really want to understand all of the adjustments, the only tough thing about the learning curve is the length of the learning curve. Normally the only adjustments I make are sensitivity (depth), recovery delay and coil size.

Elton said:
Read this forum . It will save you some time on the learning curve.

Like I did..You may have to accept some of the settings available..You will never use.

Yes , I was coming to that conclusion that there would be more adjustments then I'd probably mess with.
And yes I've been pouring over the manual AND this forum.
So many knowledgeable folks that have taken time to share.
Very grateful for that

Good Choice!
My V3i is still my favorite and best detector. It can be a little tough at first but reading is the key.
Then a little hunting and then more reading.
Hell, I'm still reading and I've had mine for about 3 or 4 years.
You have at least 3 detectors in one and a multitude of coils to choose from to enhance your hunting.
Good Luck.

I think you will enjoy the V3i. Explore the performance oriented adjustments enough to understand the concept and scenarios where you'd want to consider them. By all means add ground filter and tracking to the list of basics you master first. The V has plenty of punch at lower RX gains and the other 2 sens adjustments are easily tweaked anytime. Once you know what filter gives you the best performance in your soil (the foundation for setting the V up) then you tweak. You probably should have a couple of test targets at known depths to dial it in. Works that way for me

Ytcoinshooter said:
I think you will enjoy the V3i. Explore the performance oriented adjustments enough to understand the concept and scenarios where you'd want to consider them. By all means add ground filter and tracking to the list of basics you master first. The V has plenty of punch at lower RX gains and the other 2 sens adjustments are easily tweaked anytime. Once you know what filter gives you the best performance in your soil (the foundation for setting the V up) then you tweak. You probably should have a couple of test targets at known depths to dial it in. Works that way for me

Thanks Yt
Appreciate the tips.
I appreciate all tips!

Well...
Probably should have wrapped it and put it under the tree but what the hell.
The V3i arrived at work yesterday.
Charging the battery here at work and at lunch time will hit a close play field.

Navigating the menus looks to be pretty straight forward.
The proper tweaking could take some learning.

Thanks for the tips everyone.
I'll be back!

Best of luck with your new machine :). I don't think it can be stressed enough more rx gain is not allways the best. Don't be afraid to cool that v down. My best gain is about 6 or 7 in my soil. Have fun Gl

PostalTwo said:
Best of luck with your new machine :). I don't think it can be stressed enough more rx gain is not allways the best. Don't be afraid to cool that v down. My best gain is about 6 or 7 in my soil. Have fun Gl

I've turned mine down after the years of trying to max the depth with double digit RX gain.The V hits deep in single digits and IMO, seperates way better.

Thanks again for the tips!
Interesting on the rx numbers you like.
Have not had much opportunity to use it yet but after the holidays more time will be there.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!