Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two CTX Tips

cjc

Had an inexplicable series of leaks with this machine and after determining that it wasn't the gaskets (two cells and one bulkhead later) discovered that it was the actual clips wearing. Now the covers are all shimmed with bits of plastic to make for a secure seal. Second thing: If you plan to run this detector in salt never travel with it without a can of Deox it or even automotive contact spray. The coil contacts oxidize and cause them to read completely dead. I wonder how many have sent their coils in for this reason? The way to restore one is not to saturate the coil side but to put the spray on a toothbrush and scrub the connector--pressing the bristles deep inside. This will restore "Coil Not Detected." Seems to happen pretty often might be that my coil is new.
cjc

I was hoping for another excerpt from the book! I’m just a cheapskate like that...;)
DEOXIT is my friend for all of my machines,it really beautifies the connectors and makes screwing them on SO nice and smooooooth...wife is angry about her toothbrush though.

Ya that Deoxit is an expensive habit. Not always strong enough to knock the oxidization off I've found--some nasty garage points cleaner may be required. Trouble is though its so viscous it does not dry as well and can cause shorting--that's why I say don't spray it down the co-ax holes. True though even the aluminum threads corrode.
Sorry I hate to put up CTX exceprts--$3000 machine everybody pays...no coupons, no discounts...except for AUS guys--bad dollar....
cjc