Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Days-two silvers

DaveNV

Went back to the "hunted out" park, today. Yesterday, I found some newer change, a 1927 wheatie and a heavy silver ring (weighs just under 1/3 troy ounce). Went back today and pulled out some more zincs and two dimes--one being a 1942 Merc! I knew there was silver left here. It won't be easy to find, but I'm looking forward to finding them. I'm using basic settings: Park 1, 5kHz and the default settings for the rest. I'm really loving this machine!

DaveNV said:
Went back to the "hunted out" park, today. Yesterday, I found some newer change, a 1927 wheatie and a heavy silver ring (weighs just under 1/3 troy ounce). Went back today and pulled out some more zincs and two dimes--one being a 1942 Merc! I knew there was silver left here. It won't be easy to find, but I'm looking forward to finding them. I'm using basic settings: Park 1, 5kHz and the default settings for the rest. I'm really loving this machine!

Congrats on the Silver finds Dave. Am I understanding that you're using 5Khz (single freq) in the Park 1 mode RATHER than Multi-Freq? If so, what's your slant on this?

I'm still WAITING in queue for my 800, so I'm just watching from the sidelines here thinking of how I'm going to approach things when I'm able to get out into the field with an 800.

Rich -

Rich, with the multiple freqs, things were just a bit too noisy. There’s a lot of junk in this park and I found I was able to hear more of the good sounds using five, I did do some experimenting with the other frequencies, but alway came back to 5kHz. Just my experience (or lack of experience). Hopefully, as I learn to use it, i’ll be able to use more of its features.

DaveNV said:
Rich, with the multiple freqs, things were just a bit too noisy. There’s a lot of junk in this park and I found I was able to hear more of the good sounds using five, I did do some experimenting with the other frequencies, but alway came back to 5kHz. Just my experience (or lack of experience). Hopefully, as I learn to use it, i’ll be able to use more of its features.

Thanks for your insight Dave, I'll make a note for somewhere down the road.

Rich