Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Eagle Buttons from GGP

akelley

I found two eagle buttons yesterday in Golden Gate Park. I haven't found any military relics before so this was pretty exciting. The backs read Thos G Hood Phil, and the style dates from 1875-1902, Army, General Service. Not a lot of info on the maker other than they were a prominent dry goods supplier in Phili. A couple of old (and inaccessible) ebay listings popped up on Google. Seems to be rarer than some of the other makers. Note they read 12/40-43 facing straight up, but the backs (on angle) read as low as 27 in conductivity.

I found both buttons using the Pro-Coil and what's amazing was a huge plate of iron was sitting about 4" below the first button (see pic). I tell you the separation with the Pro-Coil is phenominal. If I hadn't found the first button, I likely would've moved on and missed the second button instead of slowing down and gridding the area.

-Alex

P.S. Big thanks to Nicasian on another forum for helping me to identify them.