Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two firsts in one day!

robertk

I went out with the club I belong to and hunted a park in a nearby town the other day. The park was very trashy, so the pickings were slim. But I did make a couple of finds that were really good, and personal firsts.

The first was a nice bouncy signal that ranged from low 20's up into the mid 70's. I dug and found a very short square nail laying right on top of a barber dime. It's my first Barber, a 1906-D, and I would have been happy to call it a day right there.

But I decided to go a little longer. Not ten feet from the Barber, I got another bouncy signal reading up into the high 40's or low 50's. I dug expecting a penny. Instead, I pulled out my first eagle button! It's a general service button, and some of the more experienced relic hunters said it's a really nice one -- still has the loop on the back, no dents or dings, and looks pretty good!

I was using Hi-Pro at the stock settings, with the stock D2 coil.

Here are some pics:

[attachment 174379 P1150144.JPG]

[attachment 174380 P1150152.JPG]

Nice Job.I know what you mean when you find something good right off. For me it usually means no more goodies that day. Yazoo

Barber dimes are fun to find but I like the buttons too, ( that is a nice one ). You had a good day........:clapping:

Nice hunt! Way to go!