Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two frequency

Xergix

I do not know if someone has already written about this but I wonder if it will be possible to choose two rather than three frequencies simultaneously or only one.
in research, there are conditions would be better to use the high and medium frequency, and other situations where it is best to use the medium and low frequency, it is a pity that the V3 can not have that choice, I hope that White's think about this update in the future.

Good new year at all

You need to choose the option of either single frequency or one frequency. A compromise is using the V3i in the 7.5Khz frequency, which is what I often do. You can also squeeze out a bit more depth in single frequency.

If you choose the correlate mode, it will automatically choose the best two frequencies for the ground and targets you are hunting. 7.5 and 22.5 or 7.5 and 2.5.

Larry (IL) said:
If you choose the correlate mode, it will automatically choose the best two frequencies for the ground and targets you are hunting. 7.5 and 22.5 or 7.5 and 2.5.

I learned something new today. Great info!

Larry (IL) said:

you could explain it better??

In Best Data any one of the three frequencies can result in a VDI but Correlate means that the results from at least two responding frequencies must agree in order to display the VDI number. Correlate is very good in helping to separate trashy targets from the good ones because two frequencies must agree that a target is good, Correlate Mode is also good with EMI. Since the V3i can't use, nor would I want it too, use 22.5 and 2.5 to Correlate, it will choose either 2.5 and 7.5 or 7.5 and 22.5 depending on your targets dominate frequencies. A coin, except a nickel, will use the 2.5/7.5 while a small gold ring might use 7.5/22.5.

The Correlate mode really brings out the magic with the V3/V3i. It's ability to sort through trash transcends conventional recovery delay beliefs concerning masking caused by near by targets. As Larry has stated only two of the frequencies must agree within the allowed span setting. This leaves 7.5 playing the middle man most often. I think you get better results with higher conductive targets. The 2.5 and the 7.5 are better suited for these targets. The 22.5 is way out there.

thanks for the replies,
that's something that the V3 automatically switch two frequencies in correlate, but if the choice was manual, I think it would be better.

Were it possible to manually set two frequencies of the three available and they all set up the signal strength would be great ... The related and equally on the two frequencies should be the right choice? . The polar plot works with a link?
Thanks for the replies.