Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two hammered silver today with my CTX

Dino - UK

Out for 4 hours for my first proper hunt today with my new CTX3030

I did venture onto a field last week for a couple of hours just to familiarise myself with this new bit of kit.

Todays trip turned up many non ferrous finds of buttons etc... but did produce two hammies.

A readable halfpenny of I assume Henry(?), and a rough penny of Edward(?).

All in all a good session, I was using combined with just up to 31 ferrous disc, sens at 28, normal response with fast on.

According to the GeoHunt record, the halfpenny was at 8.5 inches, and the penny at 10 inches.

Well impressed with the CTX to say the least.

ctxhammies.jpg

Nice finds, Dino. I get excited when I find something from the 1800s. I can't imagine how it feels for you guys to dig that really old stuff. Congrats!