Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Harvested Predators

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a bobcat for taxidermy.
But i don't think i could eat one!
Sometimes the pelts still bring about 100.00.
I use to trap a lot back in the good old days.
but can't do it anymore,there not bringing anything to justify it for the money anyways.

Labradorbob

Nice job! :thumbup: We didn't have a 'cat season here (IN), but I've skint a coyote or 2 over the years (as well as 'rats, coon, stinkers, grinners, beaver and mink) I trapped (when I was still able). I miss it :sad:

Smitty

sale-yotes.jpg

I saved a red fox and blond coyote (had them tanned) for keepsakes.

IM003583.jpg

good ! you have to be a brave guy to shoot this cat !! during the night and with google night vision I think !!!

I think you have to join the US ARMY in Iraq or Afghanistan, a good sniper like you !! be careful, there are not cat but farmers with guns !!

I thought this forum was a metal detecting forum, not a slaughter forum ! I'm very disapointed!

Dyna40 said:
good ! you have to be a brave guy to shoot this cat !! during the night and with google night vision I think !!!

I think you have to join the US ARMY in Iraq or Afghanistan, a good sniper like you !! be careful, there are not cat but farmers with guns !!

I thought this forum was a metal detecting forum, not a slaughter forum ! I'm very disapointed!

Hi Dyna40, This forum is for posting photos not necessarily related to metal detecting. It actually states that hunting photos are permitted, as are many other forms of photography. The photos that I

Dyna40 said:

Let me make a guess here......

Lived in the city entire life, outside of the trips to Granny's for holidays, and had a school full of liberal teachers. Closest you've been to anything remotely close to "wildlife" was either the local petting zoo or the Discovery Channel. You cry every time the idiots at PETA or HS post their propaganda on billboards, TV, ads, etc. You're not a vegetarian, and you think eating meat as "OK" as long as it comes on a styrofoam platter wrapped in plastic, since you think it's just produced that way. You own at least 1 leather coat, maybe a couple leather belts, shoes, and probably furniture. I don't think they have leather as an option in a Prius, do they?

You have no interest in this thread other than to whine about it. Does it ever occur to you to NOT read it if it offends you so? Of course not, that would be entirely too sensible and mature, and you couldn't cry for all those little furry critters.

Here's a thought....inbetween writing your donation checks to PETA (oh, and google "petakills"), you need to look at some ACTUAL numbers of the animals them, and the HS "adopt" out, and the number they kill (From July 1998 through the end of 2009, PETA killed over 23,000 dogs, cats, and other companion animals -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters). Instead, read how their population continues to thrive, even though their habitat continues to dwindle to make room for more vinyl villages and how disease runs rampant through them, some infecting humans as well as domestic pets. Ever seen a coyote freeze to death due to mange? I can't quite see that as "humane". How about raccoon dying of distemper? You aware a 'possum can spread disease to horses? Rabies is another one.

You have no clue as to what you're talking about, nor provided anything other than your emotions. I removed animals that caused damage...cat, puppy, calf and pig killing coyotes, beaver falling trees as well as muskrats damaging property and causing erosion, 'coon clogging-up farm equipment, I could go on but doubt you care. Perhaps all those farmers should just factor all those damages into the cost of their product and pass it along to you? I'm sure you wouldn't mind :rolleyes:

Or the fact of all the revenue all those hunting-fishing-trapping licenses bring to their respective states, but again I guess it could just yet more piled onto the backs of taxpayers? What about all those sporting-related jobs? I guess they don't matter either?

Meh....I'm done wasting my breath because I've dealt with lots of people like you before. PETA appreciates the tax-free dollars given by fools........

Smitty