Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Hour Dig, With More To Come!

TeenDetector97

As the title says, I was out for a few hours this morning. Operations had to come to a hault due to a Dentist Appointment:cry: However, I will be going out when I come back! A little Novocaine can't stop me:bouncy:

Here's the finds for this morning. A few cut cable wires, my very first stinkin' Lincoln, Shotgun Shell, .22 Shell, What looks to be a 30-30 Shell, a modern nail, miscellaneous metal, and I think one of my best finds so far. A square nail. Square bottom and square top. If I'm correct, a blacksmith would have made this nail. For a third dig ever, I think I came out on top.
IMG_05491_zps21258d0b.jpg

IMG_05501_zps15559fdd.jpg

Went out for another hour or so. Found a lot of trash, but i also found two old horseshoes right on top of each other. As you can see they are much bigger then the horseshoe i found previously. Were these actually used for the game?
2mxh.jpg

pq4q.jpg

I don't think that they were game shoes. Most likely for a work horse. They were or are huge. It sure looks like you are having a blast out there digging up planet earth. You need to try some tot lots or play grounds and parks. I hope you are getting good at making a nice looking plug. You sound like I did when I first started this hobby 30+ years ago. I had 5 gallon buckets full of junk. I just did not want to get rid of it. I thought it was cool. I do keep some of that junk. Copper, brass. coins gold jewelry and silver and many happy memories. Have a good time and enjoy what you are doing. It is a hobby... KEN

You are definitely hooked and it sure is fun to see what you find! :clapping: Stay at it!
Mud

One horseshoe in good condition is placed at the entrance of my home. Another one I also found is in very poor condition and can bend easily (rust). That one is not hung up anywhere. I wonder if it would still be able to bring good luck...:confused:
Nice "iron" digs.:thumbup:
I tend to filter out iron. There's just too much junk wherever I hunt...

Fabio said:
One horseshoe in good condition is placed at the entrance of my home. Another one I also found is in very poor condition and can bend easily (rust). That one is not hung up anywhere. I wonder if it would still be able to bring good luck...:confused:
Nice "iron" digs.:thumbup:
I tend to filter out iron. There's just too much junk wherever I hunt...
There is a ton of Iron where I hunt too. But the only problem is my cheap Metal Detecter isn't too good at eliminating certain metals (Bounty Hunter VLF) But I am already saving up for a Garrett Ace 250..or 150, depending on how the money situation is. I guess you can say I'm hooked :biggrin:

I'm going to venture out here and say that all of us old "vets" are proud that you are becoming a rabid fisher. There are many bad roads that someone your age can take and I for one, am proud to know we have another " weirdo" roaming around the parks and schoolyards with a set of headphones and swinging some funny looking thing that makes weird noises. If more people had the interest in history and the will to succeed that most of us hardheads have, wouldn't the world be a better place for it? I just wish I could figure out how to listen to Led Zeppelin and my howling machine at the same time!

Those are great finds , anything that gets your pulse up is a great find. I envy you very much as you are in a great area to hunt. There is so much history there. As you have no doubt heard from all the hardcore hunters here on this forum , research will lead to better finds . Check out the link I have attached and see what happened in the past near you. http://www.hudsonriver.com/hudson-river-history .Google Earth some of those areas . use your imagination . Its a Great hobby that often pays off big. Good luck and keep on posting.. Relicranger

Where there were people there should be coins an relics - keep looking !

Good Luck !

As a youngster (many many years ago) I enjoyed watching my Grandfather heat horseshoes until they were red hot and shape them to fit his horses. Also watched him put those shoes on his horses. Those shoes definitely were used on work horses many years ago.