Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Mainers heading home from boy scout hunt.

goldbill

What a fantastic time! We met some great people ,made many new friends, found some great coins and relics, and learned alot . We experienced some vehicle troubles and had to do a retrofit that cost us a little time but now the truck seems to be going great! As we crossed the Ohio/Penn. border we stopped at a rest area/ information stop. I am looking at the state map and the information agent asked if he could help.I asked where the nearest boy scout camp was. He said he knew where there used to be one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AN HOUR LATTER WE ARE SWINGING OVER WHAT APPEARS TO BE AN UNDETECTED BOY SCOUT CAMP CLOSED IN THE 60'S. Only had a little time before dark but still managed Kennedy half 76, quarter 59 , some clad, six wheat's. Don't want to go home but life is calling (and Kirk is getting on my nerves).(lol) Thanks everyone for a great time and making two old farts feel so welcome. We will be posting pics when we get home. Goldbill and Indiankirk

You and Kirk were a riot Bill, I was laughing so hard, I think I hurt myself, :stretcher: the hunt would not have been the same without you two sharing your life experiences and stories. :biggrin: Sorry to hear about the truck trouble and happy it wasn't more serious than it was. It is so funny you found another BS camp to hunt on the way home, good for you two......:clapping: We are all looking forward to seeing the pictures of your hunting adventures.. "out West"

Here is a picture for you two............... and I was just holding the bottle of Boone's Farm Wild Cherry and the Samuel Adams malt for a friend.........:cheers:

[attachment 197078 BillKirk.jpg]

I heard reports of burning french fries on the interstate and turnpike. I'm glad you could keep your "Injun" running.
[attachment 197082 IMG_0040.JPG]

The boys at work.
[attachment 197093 IMG_0026.JPG]
[attachment 197094 IMG_0030.JPG]

Home sweet home. It was nice meeting you both and glad you're home safe and sound. Can't wait to see all your finds. HH, Nancy

Hey Bill, what a great time we had . You and Kirk did a fantastic job at finding a lot of very nice coins. I hope we can do this again sometime.

Oh how I miss my old home state!!! I am originally from Island Falls up in Aroostook county. I sure miss the trees and the smell after it rains and the summers at perry pond at my grand mothers cabin.