Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Nickels signals....

DaveNV

Went back Tuesday to the slammed park I’ve been hunting lately and having success with the NOX 800/6” coil. Wasn’t finding much...not even any zincs (actually, wasn’t digging them). About twenty minutes into the hunt, I got a 12-13-14 signal, but mostly favoring 13. Depth indicated aroud 6”, so I figured I ’d better dig it. At about 5”, I pulled out a wad of dirt...and in my hand was the first gold ring with the I’ve found with the NOX and my first gold in a couple of years. 14K and looks like a wedding band. Weight = 4.1 dwt/6.1 grams. i was in park 2, with basically default settings. The only other good target that day was another 13, but this time it really was a nickel.
This machine has brought detecting back to life, for me. I’m finding silver again; I’m finding wheatie...and, now gold. Thank you, Minelab!

Attachments

• 0AF95A08-8C02-48D8-A943-B186953FE4AD.jpeg
    0AF95A08-8C02-48D8-A943-B186953FE4AD.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 166
Very nice !! I'm considering getting the 6" coil with some rods from Steve's. I believe I will be able to resurrect some of the old hunting spots. HH
I’ve experimented (as I’m sure many others have, also) by using the larger stock coil and then putting on the 6” coil and going back over the same ground. Tha smaller coil does the job! It will find good targets that give the stock coil problems.

All of these positive Equinox postings makes me believe that I'm on the right track in my way of thinking. I'm considering an Equinox 600 for relic hunting. I am considering a lighter detector due to some shoulder problems. I have carefully watched the Equinox since its introduction and what most folks have said about them. What are most takes on the internal installed battery on the Equinox? Has this been any sort of an issue? Any feedback and direction concerning this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kevin

Kevin,

No issues here. The battery will outlast how ever long you hunt. I took a peak inside the battery housing but did not touch anything. I believe this will be a very easy fix if it has to be replaced and that's a big IF. You can not beat the price of the 600 especially if you pick one up lightly used. Good luck and I hope you join the Equinox family!

All of these positive Equinox postings makes me believe that I'm on the right track in my way of thinking. I'm considering an Equinox 600 for relic hunting. I am considering a lighter detector due to some shoulder problems. I have carefully watched the Equinox since its introduction and what most folks have said about them. What are most takes on the internal installed battery on the Equinox? Has this been any sort of an issue? Any feedback and direction concerning this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kevin

Stop drooling over the gold Felix LOL

Very nice find and a surprise when you are only expecting a nickel!!
That is a beautiful ring!!
Nice goIng!!🤗

Nice find Dave man gold does. It come up enough got 3 gold rings last year..
Mark

Went back Tuesday to the slammed park I’ve been hunting lately and having success with the NOX 800/6” coil. Wasn’t finding much...not even any zincs (actually, wasn’t digging them). About twenty minutes into the hunt, I got a 12-13-14 signal, but mostly favoring 13. Depth indicated aroud 6”, so I figured I ’d better dig it. At about 5”, I pulled out a wad of dirt...and in my hand was the first gold ring with the I’ve found with the NOX and my first gold in a couple of years. 14K and looks like a wedding band. Weight = 4.1 dwt/6.1 grams. i was in park 2, with basically default settings. The only other good target that day was another 13, but this time it really was a nickel.
This machine has brought detecting back to life, for me. I’m finding silver again; I’m finding wheatie...and, now gold. Thank you, Minelab!
Nothing better than finding GOLD..!

Kevin,

No issues here. The battery will outlast how ever long you hunt. I took a peak inside the battery housing but did not touch anything. I believe this will be a very easy fix if it has to be replaced and that's a big IF. You can not beat the price of the 600 especially if you pick one up lightly used. Good luck and I hope you join the Equinox family!
Earthlypotluck, Thanks for your time and response concerning the Equinox. I may very well be joining the Equinox family before too long, but I would have to sell off one of my other detectors. Shame too, because I really like the detector, but the Equinox would be a little lighter. Thanks again for your response. Kevin

I am getting ready with the help of my Son to do a photo shoot of my Safari and accessories. I will be selling it . I bought the Equinox 800 because it is lighter and better balanced for me. After having tennis elbow (mostly from years as a tradesman) glazier. The Safari just got a little too heavy. Please don't get me wrong , the Minelab Safari is truly a great machine. I have been struggling for a while with the thought of parting with it. I am at peace with my decision. Hopefully I can get it in the classifieds in the next couple of days. We shall see.

As far as the battery is concerned . I can get at least 12 + hrs of hunting wearing the wireless headphones. Less without the phones and less if you use the backlight and doing a lot of pinpointing and noise cancels drain the battery quicker. RnB Innovations makes a rechargeable power source that clips on to the underside of the upper rod and plugs into the charge port as an external power source, thus enhancing the life of the Nox battery. This is what I read. Has anyone used one of these yet ? If so what are you thoughts ?

Ron, I gotta admit....I thought I liked to hunt for long periods of time, but a 12+ hour hunt would just about do me in these days!
Eight+ hours is about the limit for my knees and back.

Do you really go for 12+ hours at a stretch??
If you do, then any (and there are many, not just RNB) of the external power packs will work just fine for your Nox.
(I've fabricated a couple with different capacities, just in case I forget to charge.)

If not, since the lithium battery has no memory effects, just plug it in after (or before) every hunt.
It will be fine...even if you only use it for a couple hours at a time.

But I had no idea how long it would really last, other than it will last longer than me, LOL.
:)
mike

Congrats on he gold, I’ve got 4 in the last two years with my 800. No complaints here, I have gone to detech-ed shaft which did lighten it up. GL&HH

Hi Mike, No I dont go for 12 hr hunts . I would have the same results as you , I would be done in. I havent fully killed the nox battery, but have had it drop down to two bars after a couple (3) or so hunts . You are right , the Nox battery will certainly outlast you or me on a hunt. 12 hrs LOL. My midnight oil burns out at at 8:30-9:00 p.m. now a days. Just trying to think long term , I read that the external power source can extend the Nox' battery life. I believe that route would be less expensive than having to send Nox in for a new battery. Thanks for the input. I am going to use the nox and keep track of battery time until it exhausts its energy, that may take 4 good hunts. Not working right now because of the Corona virus , my shop is shut down . So plenty of time for home projects , yard work and oh yeah detecting. Thanks again for the post. HH

Super nice....

Very nice !! I'm considering getting the 6" coil with some rods from Steve's. I believe I will be able to resurrect some of the old hunting spots. HH
Ron
When you get Steve’s rod i‘d also get the short counterweight. it will increase your detecting time.
Doug