Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Questions

Groundshaker

Sometimes I have two different things happen,and some experienced user responses would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Sometimes I get a hit,but nothing on the screen.Is this a deep target?

#2 Sometimes I get a +94 (or is it +95 I forget) hit.The screen says $1.00 and i know no way no how it's a dollar.If this is "Wrap Around" please define wrap around.

Thank you

We all get a false signals sometimes and it could be be from many different sources. If you have a good target under the coil, it will repeat and you should have some kind of visual info to help you decide to dig or not. When in doubt, dig and see what you got down there, that is part of the fun and learning process. False signals and junky hits will often be short and choppy. A coin or good target is usually longer with a nice "round" sound to it. (A nice, smooth ramp up and ramp down tone) This is not always foolproof, but a good start at learning the art.

I've found that when the display reads $1.00 it's nearly always a good sized piece of aluminum. However, every time I've air tested on a $1.00, it ID's right on the money so best to dig to be sure. I also have a large silver ring that air tests as $1.00. It seems that every so often those "must be another junk target" signals turns out to be worth digging. That's why you see many post that say "dig it all".
HH
BB

Hi SHAKER, in the last 2 weeks or so I've had the same thing happen to me (from your #1), just an indication that something was in the ground. I was in relic mode/trigger forward. At the 6 gain (a nice tip from Nancy), I turned up my gain to 9 and the first time I pulled up a '67 clad quarter(VDI 83). The 2nd time it was a clad dime and both were down at 9 to 10 inches. I was using my 6 X 10 coil. So you might try turning up your gain and going over that hit again, or you'll never know what you might have missed. IMHO. Go for it. HH KC

Floridason, :usaa: retired
MXT, DX-1, + 4 coils GB

If you hear a repeatable signal and nothing on the screen, crank the gain up and see what happens. I would dig it if there's any repeatable signal no matter what. Like the others............"Dig it all". If it reads you've got a $1.00, it's usually a large deep target, but you still need to dig and get it out. Who knows.......it could be that once in a lifetime silver dollar. :yikes: HH, Nancy