Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two rings from edge of basketball court

fenian13

Got these two about three feet apart. One is silver and the other my first Gold, white (10k) with 14 small diamonds (my only real diamonds so far)

Now you make me think ...I should go recheck around a school bball court where I found a couple silver rings. The trash was so bad that I gave up on the lower disc setting....Im headed back this weekend!

Great finds!

Os, It was the Virginia ave park.

It's been whacked hard there by myself and another buddy, but hey.....you never know.

WTG!

I remember...

Years ago,on my first 2-ring find, it was also right from the edge of a basketball court. There was lightning, rain mixed with hail and I would hit it when it would let up.
I found one, then within minutes I found another just a few feet away and a couple inches deep. Just then I got hit with a serious downpour mixed with hail. I had made a dash out of there.
I got home (all wet), and when I went to show the wife, only 1 ring was in the pouch. I search the truck for the second and didn't find it. So then I drove back and walked (in the rain) the path I dashed from the court to the truck with no luck. I just couldn't find it.

A few days later I went back to detecting at the same court hoping the ring rolled to the edge. I wasn't having any luck, so I started my routine detecting (other finds). I hit a strong signal like a coin, pulled out the screwdriver to retrieve it. I got the coin, then just as I wiped off the screwdriver I flipped off the dirt and saw the ring. Then I remember when I had found that ring, I was looking at it as it was stuck through the screwdriver shaft about the time the downpour broke loose. I had to of just dropped the screwdriver with ring and dirt in the pouch, grabbed the detector and made a mad dash to the truck (detector tucked under my shirt). I thought I blew my first 2-ring day. Turned out both rings were nice.
I didn't find any more rings there, but did find a nice heavy gold chain necklace - still to this day the best necklace after all the years of detecting.

Everyone thought I was nuts dashing to that place every chance I had when the rain might give a break. There were times I sat in the truck thinking (listing to stereo+coffee) it would let up so I could hurry and get swing time. It was cold & windy too. I missed dinner a few times for a couple weeks doing that. The wife thought I was really loosing it. I just told her I am, and kept going out detecting - yes I was hooked.

That's amazing that you re-found that ring. And they way you impaled it on the screwdriver was remarkable.(talk about pinpointing...)

Still looking for my first gold chain.

Yeah, people think we are crazy...crazy like foxes sometimes...

Best of luck to all.