Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two things that the Head of Minelab's Technical Physicist said caught my attention.

bugg

With Multi-IQ, we can derive much greater target ID accuracy and increased detecting performance, especially in ‘difficult’ ground. In ‘mild’ ground, single frequency may perform adequately, BUT depth and stable ID’s will be limited by ground noise; whereas the Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency will achieve maximum depth with a very stable target signal. In ‘strong’ ground, single frequency will not be able to effectively separate the target signal, giving decreased results; whereas Multi-IQ will still detect at depth, losing a minimal amount of target accuracy.

###############################################

That way, even for weak targets or highly mineralized soils, the target ID is far less perturbed by the response from the soil. This leads to very precise target IDs, both in mineralized soils and for targets at depth.”

###############################################

Bring it on Minelab!! :clapping:

bugg said:
With Multi-IQ, we can derive much greater target ID accuracy and increased detecting performance, especially in ‘difficult’ ground. In ‘mild’ ground, single frequency may perform adequately, BUT depth and stable ID’s will be limited by ground noise; whereas the Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency will achieve maximum depth with a very stable target signal. In ‘strong’ ground, single frequency will not be able to effectively separate the target signal, giving decreased results; whereas Multi-IQ will still detect at depth, losing a minimal amount of target accuracy.

That way, even for weak targets or highly mineralized soils, the target ID is far less perturbed by the response from the soil. This leads to very precise target IDs, both in mineralized soils and for targets at depth.”

Bring it on Minelab!! :clapping:

Can't wait to see how how these claims work out in my neutral to mild/moderate ground. While I have a couple machines, X-Terra included, that can hit copper pennies at 10"+ at a couple sites, I have never hit dimes beyond the 8 to 9" range.

Would be interesting to see how it hits on thin items such as necklaces.. for a couple more ounces of weight in the coil it should be able to hit targets in that range

Are we talking about single freqs with no ground balance control? Because that’s what ground balance does,doesn’t it?:rolleyes:
I’m sure it will be crackin’...

It would be interesting if someone could locate Minelabs statements on the Xterras, prior to release. I know there was a big deal made about the Vflex tech....if I remember correctly how it utilized some kinda cell phone tech that helped with intereference?
Maybe a stepping stone to this tech...

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
As I theorized it sounds like ML has improved their ability to separate soil mineralization from targets at greater depths.

If this can punch through the bad ground better than my 3030- I'm buying one, as will many other people...

PowerDubs said:
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
As I theorized it sounds like ML has improved their ability to separate soil mineralization from targets at greater depths.

If this can punch through the bad ground better than my 3030- I'm buying one, as will many other people...

I'm interested as a replacement for my Excal for beach hunting. But if they have really made a break through on soil mineralization I'm tempted to wait for that breakthrough to make its way to the next gen flagship machine for inland hunting vs the mid priced Equinox.

unlike all the VLF's it is supposed to obsolete .:surrender: