Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two-tone Ferrous success again - two fat Indians in two weeks!

onemore

Using two-tone ferrous in deep-target sites with heavy, heavy iron forces you to sweep super slow and study every non-ferrous signal carefully. Result is that you end up digging some signals which you might otherwise have decided to pass on.

Pulled some teens wheats, an 1894 IH, a couple V-nickels and another fat Indian - this one 1863 - from a heavy iron-infested site that has been worked over for years by Minelabs. Every one of these targets had something else in the hole except one of the V-nickels. This fat Indian gave me ferrous numbers from 12 to 28, with conductive numbers ranging from 13 to 16, and had a large nail in the hole. I was expecting a nickel. The last one (1859) was a more solid 24-25 conductive.

Great work! Sounds like you've got the technique down pat. What sensitivity level were you running when you recovered the Indians? Auto or manual? Were the signals broken 2 ways, broken 4 ways? Thanks for any insights you can give.

I run manual sens. as high as I can stand it (typically 28+), as most places I hunt have deep targets.

Signals in 2-tone ferrous are not as "broken" as in conductive. The nature of this type of hunting causes you to dig many one-way targets because the iron is so close to it.

If it's down there, you can usually pick it out by moving around and changing angles. It helps to switch up and back (conductive/ferrous) on some targets just to get a sense of what the subtle differences are.