Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two weeks in Panama city beach and no leaks:clapping:

I just got back from Panama City FL. I was in the water a lot and I did not have any problems with water leaking into the battery compartment. I still used the factory grey seal with a coat of silicone. Did not find any rings but did find a 1927 buffalo nickel.

Chappy..... why take a chance like that because these dang machines are pricy? O rings are so cheap. Lot of ways the CTX can go south so i opted for the 2.5MM O ring hoping to at least eliminate one of the problems. Next time on the gold.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
Chappy..... why take a chance like that because these dang machines are pricy? O rings are so cheap. Lot of ways the CTX can go south so i opted for the 2.5MM O ring hoping to at least eliminate one of the problems. Next time on the gold.

Dew
I know dew after my first leak happened I thought I should have used a 2.5mm o ring. After I got my machine back from Kellyco, I saw robinb post on what he had to do to keep it from leaking. So I thought I would give it another try since it us still under warranty. I was in the water a lot, red flag every day with big waves. After I was done for the day l would check the battery and it was dry. So now it takes me 30 min to prep the battery for the water. I don't think I should have to go thru this process do the cost of this machine. I wish there was better way to keep the water out. This whole battery leaking deal sucks. After saying all of that I love this machine.

IF you plan on using the min. size O ring, id highly recommend you remove it, run it under hot water to clean and replace it more often.

That is good advice dew and that is exactly what I do before I go back into the water.

With the upgraded gasket and proper care--there's no reason the CTX should leak. My buddy is one of the top pros in the world--runs the CTX daily--never had a leak. How? He gives this task the attention it deserves. He is MOSTLY about equipment handling. I deal daily with guys who want quick fixes and free advice. Here's some: "In this hobby, you pay to learn."
Eye it up every time you charge--brush the grit out by flicking with a toothbrush, pull the gasket every few times and hit the seating groove with a (flattened) q-tip, clean the gasket with Windex, replace properly--done. Silicone grease optional. IMHO its the guys who have never had to deal with gasket care before who are having problems. The proper habits and respect for how critical this equipment handling skill is takes years to learn--not hours. To be fair though I think that M/L gave the average hunter too much credit--gasket care is not easy. Even using a loupe is not a bad idea.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Very good advice

Always have several Loupes in war bag.

I have been reading Clive's books as well as Andy's longer than I care to remember.

Great people, they know what they are talking about.

Clive has paid his dues he can just look at a detector and they fall apart.....

But Dang can that dog hunt.....shh whisper... and find gold that every one walks over....shh ..low.. its a secret....

so how's your game r you the best you can be r you still doing the same old dance and expecting the big kill on AU field....

Happy Trails
jimpugh

That's quite an impressive bunch of machines, Jim. Right tool for the job--I say!! I could probably do a book on just what I've learned from you. My readers of "Pulsepower" (for one) can credit you for a lot of what's in there. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Copy of the new one on it's way to you.
Kind Regards,
clive