Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TX Boost...Do you use it often?

As I sit here waiting patiently for the snow to melt and for the ground to thaw, I have been thinking about how to get better performance out of my V3i. One of my thoughts is to get more use out of the TX Boost feature. I have not used it much at all and I am curious if there are any of you who have found it to be a useful tool.

If you have used the TX Boost feature, please share your experience. I am sure many of the readers are curious to read your thoughts.

How has it affected your other settings? What type of adjustments did you need to make? What type of results did you notice?

Thanks for your input!

I too would like to hear more about Boost. I don't know why I haven't tried it, I guess I was content with the regular settings that I was using. I had the perfect opportunity to use it last year and I will be going back to this spot again when the weather breaks. This spot was very clean and I found three seated coins from there and a handful of Indians. Come on spring, I'm ready.

I haven't used it much either. I haven't run into the problem where I had to lower the RX and use Boost to compensate. At the sites I have hunted for old coins, I either felt I was getting deep enough or there was too much trash. I will give it a try this spring at the site Larry mentioned. I've used the stereo mixed mode when going deep.

Hey Rob, that site is private property and you need to know the right people.

DARN, :rant::rant:

rcasio44 said:
I've used the stereo mixed mode when going deep.

I tried Stereo MM, but I did not care for it. It was too much for my brain to handle :wacko: I run my V3i "hot" (RX 13-14, Disc 94, All Metal 74) and I felt the Stereo MM also made the detector a bit unstable. Regular Mixed Mode works well for me.

I run mine hot also and not in trash infested ground. My stereo mixed mode is not the stock program and yes it is a busy program. It does give a lot of information and too much information for some. I also use a base threshold of 70 that makes my Spectrograph busier also. I say use what works for you, in your ground, for the type of target you are hunting. The problems start when people just copy custom programs some of us use believing it will work for them just because it works for us.

I used it often when I first received the V3 thinking I would each maximum depth in the area's that I was hunting,(old school yards, parks...), and found that it was not that much beneficial. By not using it I was still finding silver at the same depth as if I was using it. Since I found not much help hunting in the mentioned area's, I stopped the boost and still have great luck hitting the Merc's and wheaties at 7 -8 and some times 9 inch's. That works well in my area and I'm sure it will very with each person. Ron in Henrietta NY

I have played with TX boost several times but I did not find a significant advantage with it hunting coins where I tend to go.

I think (at least the experience I've had so far) that RX is probably my biggest change that I deal with, and I have found that paying close attention to this has a greater effect on sensitivity (depth) in most instances.

There was a post on the V3 forum that had a video with a gentleman presenting his experience and experimentation with TX and the various RX settings that was very interesting. (he actually convinced me to run with a lot less RX gain, which did improve things a bit for me, at least as far as noise is concerned) And my finds were coming at very nice depths (6-8 inches) on the older stuff, so I guess it pays to experiment a bit. Probably the best thing to do is build a test garden and play with the settings for your conditions.

My experience with Transmit Boost is as follows;Running Magic's program, on targets that the VDI is spurious, jumping in a range of VDI numbers, I found that Transmit Boost did aid in narrowing down the range of VDI indication fluctuation, helping make a decision to dig. In those cases the target was fairly deep, 8-9 inches. After getting a more definitive VDI, I dig the targets.
This has worked for me 4 or 5 times,resulted in coin targets, so I feel it is beneficial. Upon completion of the target dig, I use live controls and turn it off.So my use is very sparing to salvage as much battery power as possible. Hope this helps.:detecting:

corvair said:
on targets that the VDI is spurious, jumping in a range of VDI numbers, I found that Transmit Boost did aid in narrowing down the range of VDI indication fluctuation, helping make a decision to dig. In those cases the target was fairly deep, 8-9 inches. After getting a more definitive VDI, I dig the targets.
This has worked for me 4 or 5 times,resulted in coin targets, so I feel it is beneficial. Upon completion of the target dig, I use live controls and turn it off.So my use is very sparing to salvage as much battery power as possible. Hope this helps.:detecting:

I dig them anyway without trying to narrow down the VDI, but thanks for the input!

In high EMI like just under high voltage powerlines i can make my V3 work completely without interference.

First step is 6x10 coil, then lowering gain and AM sens and then Disc sens. I try to find a setting that keeps Disc sens above 75.

Lowering Gain below 6 or even lower helps alot.

I have found that TX BOOST on does not boost EMI so I try to keep it on when gain and sensitivities needs to be lowered down.