Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TX Boost

davidtn

Is anyone using this with any regularity? If so, what are your experiences with it?

Thanks!

If you can't get the gain to maximum, the TX boost would have little value I would think. In my ground I can only get the gain up to 6-9 depending on the coil. TX boost works best in medium to mild ground which I don't have.

the gain and receiver R there to adjust to keep the coil from saturation.....(unstable honking and beeping all over the place)

The transmit boost increases the chance that A target ITSELF may be energized (Saturated) creating a skin effect and eddie currents

that we hope the ground will be quiet enuff for us to hear the report.........It may well do to beg to differ in the right place with enuff batteries and a KEWL operator.....Most detectors Transmit at full range all the time for their limited battery design factors .....the reciever side being the only user adjustment .........but with the V8 you can transmit one....multiple.....salt ....any single of the 3......AND the transmit Boost BUMP +30%.... that blows your dress up..... I would experiment TX Boost On and gain all the way down even if it was to just Radiate the ground and targets substantially more.......

Keeping it Simple Simon why are dudes driving copper stakes in the ground and starting Honda generators....
the earth is a huge capacitor .......they energize the targets in ground with AC with reports of doubling the depth of a detector after the generator is cut off....... Never Lose site of the Magic....after all no matter how smart we think we R.... I have never seen an Electron or a HoLe that one travels thru......all though it may be convincing and academically acceptable..in their minds You could just as well say they travel thru subatomic Milkyway bars :razz:and no one could prove you wrong..... Any Way as My brother Forrest Gump said "That's all I got to say About that".....

Happy trails
jimpugh

1. The transmit signal from the detector excites the mineralization in the ground matrix as well as any conductive targets that may be present and they will
respond with an opposing field proportionate to the energy they received from the transmitter. This is the signal the detector receives and interprets.

2. The transmitted energy falls off in strength by a factor proportional to the square of the distance from the coil. In other words, if a certain amount of energy
reaches a target at 4 inches, only one fourth of that energy would reach a similar target at 8 inches.

So, from number 1 above, if we boost the transmitted signal, both the mineralization and any possible targets respond with increased strength such
that the signal to noise ratio remains the same. In other words, if there is some mineralization present, we don't really gain much depth if any.

From number 2 above, we see that the extra transmitted energy from boost mode that gets to a deeper target is not all that improved. Using the above
example, the 30% boost results in only 7.5% more energy getting to the target at 8 inches. But wait, although the target signal created is 7.5% larger, it
still has to get back to the receive coil. Well, that signal strength also falls off as the square of the distance, so we only get 1/4 of the improved target signal.
Adding it all up, the 30% boost resulted in a meager 1.9% improvement sensed at the detector for a target at 8 inches in depth.

It is nice that White's decided to add the boost capability, but don't expect miracles from using it.

It's worse because, for an isotropic transmitter, the round-trip signal falls off at a 6th power. Therefore, in order to double your depth, you need to transmit 64X more power. Our loops aren't isotropic so it's not quite that bad, but it ain't good, either.

But it's better, because TX Boost on V is 300%, not 30%. That is, the coil current is tripled. Theoretically, this should give a 20% depth increase. In reality, it's probably more like 10%.

- Carl

Larry (IL) said:
If you can't get the gain to maximum, the TX boost would have little value I would think.

There is an exception... If your highest gain setting is limited by EMI instead of ground, then the TX boost can give a little more depth.

- Carl

Holy Batman....... Carl 3000%........

I hope.... I did not get you in trouble revealing these secrets...

All I know is mine picks up the space station with Tx Boost turned ON.... As well as few Iron/nickel asteroids.....:detecting:

took me a while to zero in the telescope...;)

Happy Trails
jimpugh

[size=large]I'll take any depth increase I can get. Just don't confuse me with scientific facts :nerd:[/size]

one for coin hunters and one for the relic guys that would take best advantage of the TX boost field strength? Is that possible with IB coils?

Tom

I have terrible ground here in Central IL and I did a little bit of in field testing with the V and TX Boost last night. On a 6 inch deep target, memorial cent, Hi-Pro program, I got just about the same results with TX Boost off and gain at 9 as I did with TX Boost On and Gain at 6. Your results may vary.

I have some of the best ground around down here so it is easy to see why I'm excited.

Hopefully as more people report their conditions and tweaks we will find ways to push the envelope a little more.

Happy Trails

jimpugh

Carl-NC said:
It's worse because, for an isotropic transmitter, the round-trip signal falls off at a 6th power. Therefore, in order to double your depth, you need to transmit 64X more power. Our loops aren't isotropic so it's not quite that bad, but it ain't good, either.

But it's better, because TX Boost on V is 300%, not 30%. That is, the coil current is tripled. Theoretically, this should give a 20% depth increase. In reality, it's probably more like 10%.

- Carl

Thanks a lot Carl. I was trying to keep the analysis simple so I assumed it was anisotropic. Where I went wrong was in the amount of Boost. I understood it was 30% (not in manual), rather than 300%. Now I can see why the batteries really take a hit with boost on. :twodetecting: