Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

U.S. coin size

T-DUB

I had a request from Odanscoils in Mark kus thread “Show some of your best dug coin finds” to show a gold dollar coin I dug next to a dime and quarter. I had the Mrs get these coins from the safety deposit box last week to do such. Finally getting around to share. 1840 dime, 1839 half dime, 1852 trime and 1853 one dollar.

IMG_8661.jpeg
IMG_8654.jpeg
IMG_8658.jpeg

I had a request from Odanscoils in Mark kus thread “Show some of your best dug coin finds” to show a gold dollar coin I dug next to a dime and quarter. I had the Mrs get these coins from the safety deposit box last week to do such. Finally getting around to share. 1840 dime, 1839 half dime, 1852 trime and 1853 one dollar.

View attachment 49979View attachment 49980View attachment 49981
That gold coin is "the cherry on the sundae"! Nice collection of coins.

Some metal detectors, when using discrimination, take the U.S. Gold Dollar, as trash item, and filter it out. I do not like to use discrimination myself, search for only faint signals anymore, and they are small and deep in the ground. Either are good targets, or Relic (or old trash items), so the thrill is there, and not gone with the wind.

I enhances my finding and saving things and not throwing them into the trash barrel. What I am doing basically is searching below the trash layers...Now there are people who will not agree with me on what I just said... I used to get a target, and other detector users noticed me digging and pocketing the find, came over to see what I found, so I said swing over this target... They did, replied, "Nothing there"! So down I went, and dug it up, showed them, They were blown away. They kept asking me what I did to my detector... All I did was amplify the faint sound, with a swith on the circuit, into bypass mode, so I could hear it full blast, and then switch back into faint mode. It is not discrimination, but is sound comparison. That is why they could not hear the target. For an example, the photo below, was one day's time I took a photo of the old clumps of cigarette foil, that used to be inside the old cigarette packages, before WWII era. I find a lot of them with my amplified sound methods. I also find old coins and older jewelry down there. I search slow, and deep, and move the coil incremently to hear the faint sounds...
Melbeta

Attachments

• Victorian_001.JPG
    Victorian_001.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Some metal detectors, when using discrimination, take the U.S. Gold Dollar, as trash item, and filter it out. I do not like to use discrimination myself, search for only faint signals anymore, and they are small and deep in the ground. Either are good targets, or Relic (or old trash items), so the thrill is there, and not gone with the wind.

I enhances my finding and saving things and not throwing them into the trash barrel. What I am doing basically is searching below the trash layers...Now there are people who will not agree with me on what I just said... I used to get a target, and other detector users noticed me digging and pocketing the find, came over to see what I found, so I said swing over this target... They did, replied, "Nothing there"! So down I went, and dug it up, showed them, They were blown away. They kept asking me what I did to my detector... All I did was amplify the faint sound, with a swith on the circuit, into bypass mode, so I could hear it full blast, and then switch back into faint mode. It is not discrimination, but is sound comparison. That is why they could not hear the target. For an example, the photo below, was one day's time I took a photo of the old clumps of cigarette foil, that used to be inside the old cigarette packages, before WWII era. I find a lot of them with my amplified sound methods. I also find old coins and older jewelry down there. I search slow, and deep, and move the coil incremently to hear the faint sounds...
Melbeta
What machine is that ?
I have a Ureka Gold with terribly quiet audio.
Put an amplifier booster on it.
It's a screamer. Now if I could find some coils.