Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ugly lead but a pretty button

2 Much Trash

Tough hunting for the first hunt of the year. Not much to show except the eagle button. It was the last signal of the day not 10 feet from my jeep thought it was aluminum. I cleaned it up in some warm peroxide and then coated it with petroleum jelly. Came out pretty good.

Attachments

• E6B6F627-1229-4D7C-9549-3386AEB5F69B.jpeg
    E6B6F627-1229-4D7C-9549-3386AEB5F69B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 207
Dang you and AD are killin me!! :heh: Nice finds, sir! Looks like a coat sized. Is that brass piece on bottom right
a lockfly!
HH okie

Dang you and AD are killin me!! :heh: Nice finds, sir! Looks like a coat sized. Is that brass piece on bottom right
a lockfly!
HH okie
I think it is Okie. At the top is crossed skeleton keys and below that is some kind of leaf design with the letter f stamped in the center

I think it is Okie. At the top is crossed skeleton keys and below that is some kind of leaf design with the letter f stamped in the center
I thought it was I've found several, 2 still on the locks. I don't know the significance of the markings though. All of
mine are English w/crown symbol and either VR for Victoria or GR for George. Pretty neat find!!
HH okie

In your pic that fly is kinda in a shadow (don't redo on my account) but you don't reckon it's
crossed sabers do you?
okie

Here ya go Okie

Attachments

• 8C2AEEB6-162D-4272-B4B3-4BAF82643B15.jpeg
    8C2AEEB6-162D-4272-B4B3-4BAF82643B15.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
  • 8EA85A04-7D73-4746-B997-E243A821E648.jpeg
    8EA85A04-7D73-4746-B997-E243A821E648.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 164
Well, its definitely s. keys. I don't know the maker but I might do a little diggin and see if I can find
anything. Really cool though!
HH okie

This could possibly be a lock cover as 7 centsworth suggested, and the crossed keys on the front of the piece would tie into this idea. Cool finds. Nice save on the Eagle button and the fired lead. The bullet on the second row, second from left looks like an Enfield bullet.