Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultimate 13" coil - my findings

Ytcoinshooter

Hello everyone, I was on here sometime back regarding the 13" Ultimate coil. Even though I have a good 12"x10" SEF I decided to take the ultimate plunge. I'm happy to report that it is everything it is promoted to be. Receiving it the last week in March I'm hunting primarily in areas of low or no EMI / RFI. Stable at high gains, well balanced and sensitive to tiny targets and small thin 1/2 reals it's a great choice for turned farm fields. May 10 turned up a 1776 1/2 real and a smooth and holed 1R. Friday 5/13 was a lucky day going over the same area I quickly pulled a 1753 1/2 real. The finds of course are nice but what impresses me is I can swing this coil for longer periods. Testing in my yard when I first received it showed a consistent report audibly and visually on my 10" quarter. There was no guessing if I was over something I'd dig.
Out in the fields I'm patterning off and utilizing the extra coverage from different directions on the same plot. Not something I have done consistently but I need the discipline if I want to increase my rate of return for the time and effort. These are pretty worn and fertilized but in no way does that diminish the fun & satisfaction.

Flipped over:
That's 15 silver coins on the year so far. It has been a long time since I posted up on a regular basis though I'm detecting quite a bit.
On another subject, I'm quite amazed at the proliferation of people metal detecting. I understand what has happened with the tv shows having a big impact. Funny what was considered quirky or almost nerdly 30 years ago when I began detecting is now considered cool. But I knew that all along :cool:. I just hope people respect the ethics and don't cause more places to be banned. I'm often seeing "no metal detecting or artifact gathering" on land trust holdings in my area.
HH - Bruce

Great finds. I have thought about purchasing the ultimate 13 but I hunt primarily old homes that are mostly trashy. I think the 9 concentric might be a better choice for me

SEF 12X10..Hows the weight and it works fine on your v3i? And do you think the 12x10 and the ultimate 13 would be sensitive to Small Targets...

I've used both on my V3i 13' Ultimate and MXT 10 x12 SEF. Both were as sensitive to small targets as the 10" D2.

I preferred the 10 x 12 on my MXT.

The U13 is my go to coil now, great coverage, seperates, pointpoints well and its well balanced, passes the V Test with ease as well.