Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultimate coil on T2?

GA1dad

Who uses the big 13 inch ultimate coil on their T2? Do you like it? I've bought one, but have only used it once so far. I'm hopeful,,,,,,,

Have you tried it yet?

I have tried it twice in moderately trashy areas,, and so far I don't care for it too much. I'm sure it will do better in low trash areas,, but I haven't tested it in one of those places yet. Still in the trial stage at this point.

I have tried it twice in moderately trashy areas,, and so far I don't care for it too much. I'm sure it will do better in low trash areas,, but I haven't tested it in one of those places yet. Still in the trial stage at this point.
How is it as far as swinging it, is it heavy and hard to swing? I'm asking this because I thinking of getting the 15"dd Teknetics coil. If the 13" ultimate coil is heavy I don't think I will wanting the Teknetics coil because it weighs 28oz.

How is it as far as swinging it, is it heavy and hard to swing? I'm asking this because I thinking of getting the 15"dd Teknetics coil. If the 13" ultimate coil is heavy I don't think I will wanting the Teknetics coil because it weighs 28oz.
I didn't think it was all that heavy or cumbersome. but the 15 is supposed to be quite heavy.

I’ve had the 13” ultimate coil for 5 or 6 years now for my T2. The ultimate is definitely a little deeper than the stock 7x11 coil in my test garden. But in the field I can’t tell much difference. I like the coil for the fact that it may be deeper in the perfect situation. But I hunt a lot of thick woods and trashy fields and it hasn’t paid off thus far. Another draw back is ground balancing. Many areas I hunt I can’t get it to ground balance. So I have to hunt at 90 default ground balance. Folks say that’s ok but it does reduce my confidence a bit. I have the 5”, 5x10, 7x11 stock, and 13” coils. But all in all, it’s hard to beat the stock 7x11 for overall success

Last edited:
I’ve had the 13” ultimate coil for 5 or 6 years now for my T2. The ultimate is definitely a little deeper than the stock 7x11 coil in my test garden. But in the field I can’t tell much difference. I like the coil for the fact that it may be deeper in the perfect situation. But I hunt a lot of thick woods and trashy fields and it hasn’t paid off thus far. Another draw back is ground balancing. Many areas I hunt I can’t get it to ground balance. So I have to hunt at 90 default ground balance. Folks say that’s ok but it does reduce my confidence a bit. I have the 5”, 5x10, 7x11 stock, and 13” coils. But all in all, it’s hard to beat the stock 7x11 for overall success
Thanks for the info!!!

I have the ultimate and couldn’t describe it better. In fact I’ve had all the same experiences you describe to a T. And the last time out with it I switched back to stock coil in no time.

A tip for the ground balance issue, ground grab in all metal with the sensitivity low, like 20 or so, then keep the coil 4-6” off the ground while you grab. It’s working for me, but does take a few attempts at times.

I have all the same coils you list, and lately the stock coil has proved itself big time. It’s biggest flaw is it needs better shielding. It’s probably the best stock coil ever designed otherwise. The detech lights up the ground and requires low sensitivity for me. In the woods I dislike it very much.

I will say that it is the lightest 13” coil and it swings awesome on the t2. Also it is quite deep. I have a 12” deep 3 ringer in my yard and it absolutely smacks it on 70 SENS in BP. In the field, other variables work against that coil for me.

I use the Cors Strike 12x13 on my Gold Bug Pro and that thing is a joy to use. In the woods it’s great because it’s heavy enough to knock through light brush, but also wears out the wrist on the s-rod shaft. I’m heavily considering the scout 12x8 for the T2. If it performs any better than stock coil with better shielding, it would be my new favorite I think. And the price is so much better for a cors vs a detech.

No sure if you are asking a bout the Detech coil but I have used it for the past 2 year. Never take it off of the T2. Works great in iron and will hit hard on brass. You have to ground balance in all metal.
Mike

Who uses the big 13 inch ultimate coil on their T2? Do you like it? I've bought one, but have only used it once so far. I'm hopeful,,,,,,,
I got the CORS Strike (same as NEL Tornado) It's the ultimate coil to have for the T2.

I had the Ultimate 13 coil on my At Max and it was a deep seeker. Ran it over a well hunted spot and pulled out some bullets well over 12" deep. Weight wasn't a factor. Good luck.