Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Underwater antenna

fyrffytr1

How many here have personal knowledge of the underwater antenna for the Deus 1? I am thinking about buying one to hunt shorelines where people like to party,

I Have tried em in the past but connection was lost. ,d2 antenna maybe better, trying it tomorrow to find out on shallow water ,not salty so any prog should work

Just a idea, would get something like a detect-ed carbon lower shaft where you can run the antenna inside the shaft to keep it secure. The carbon fiber will also keep it stiffer swinging it under water

Tried it today and d2 antenna was ok but my problem was trees over the river cut out the light so couldn’t see finds clearly

I used my d1 in the water with the water kit. I ran the wire up a fishing pole so it was out of the water, put the remote in a water tight bag.

I've used my Deus 1 in the water now for a few years and have never lost connection(first time I've ever heard of someone losing a connection?).
The water kit also includes a waterproof clear bag. I leave my Remote at home and just use my WS4 pod with the wireless headphone adapter in the bag.
The way I attach the antenna is I take a small piece of double sided Gorilla clear tape and attach it to the back of the Deus water proof bag,
then I take two of the attachment antenna holder clips that come with the kit and attach them to the bag with the tape(if one fails where the one end of the antenna can't go in there's a backup).
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 64
Connection of cable was in free air not connected to the plastic bag where it would be ok