Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

underwater detectors

Some who have much more knowledge than I concerning underwater detectors. I want to buy another detector just for underwater use occ beach use (I already have a Minelab 3030). Will I be disappointed with a Garretts sea hunter or infinium? Since they as pulses? ANy recommendations? thanks.

I started out 30 years ago with the Sea Hunter .. It was either that or the Fisher 1280 at the time. GREAT Detector found alot of gold over the years with it. My buddy still has his and uses it. You just have to set it up right, VERY FAINT threshold and listen for those Ghost Sign. The only drawback is you got to dig EVERYTHING including iron. Don't use Disc. or you'll pass up the smaller gold. Good luck and happy hunting

Where is OCC...Beach, ..............OC MD has fairly ruff water for underwater detecting, if it is the same.

The Finny takes a little more experience, but it has more options for tweaking your hunts and one of the lowest uS ratings for a water machine. You have the option to change coils and headphones.... those options alone can increase your finds. It does have a hi-low or low-hi tone for some disc. Let me say thou in most cases you cant go wrong using a VLF over a PI. You dont have to dig it all. You target/time ratio for good targets, especially on a trash beach wont be very good. Most of us VLF guys leave the iron and other trash ....that means you have to dig thru that AND all the trash not even touched by us. That said there are people who like to grid and dig it all.... they dont cover nearly as much area and really get a work out and they dont do badly. BUT during recent drop times a PI wouldnt be the first machine id grad.

Dew

I dove with my new Fisher CZ today in a place that i have hunted hard with my EX CALL I was impressed found things that I had missed .Only problem so far is it floats other than I'm impressed

Go with White's Beach Hunter 300 Great in Water or Beach not for scuba diving but good for 10ft to 20ft of water

Bill