Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unexpected 1790's Spanish Silver and 1818 Large Cent

GKMan

Today I visited the farm that has been oh so good to me over the years. Being that the fields are high though, I decided to try some of the trails through the hills that the cows have trampled down over the years. I know I had detected through this area years ago, but with the ground cover much less (lots more cows than there used to be) , it was worth giving it another try. My first notable find of the day was an 1818 Large Cent. out in the middle of nowhere. I was fairly certain it was going to be a coin, but, since they have logged the area and I was off the beaten path I was expecting modern coinage. Feeling pretty good about that find I set off again walking through the woods near the electric fence that now wreaks havoc with the CTX regardless of any setup that I try. The next signal, a couple of hundred feet away, and really the only signal in between was iffy and difficult to hear because of the fence interference. But, never leave an iffy target behind... My first poke of the Lesche revealed a very thin silver, and some of you know what that probably means (in case you don't, Spanish Silver).... I started filming and got the rest of the recovery recorded. That coin ended up being a 1790's 1/2 Real.
Both of these coins were unexpected finds that made the day. It was a bit odd to find only early coins, and no other trash to speak of, especially so far apart. The area definitely needs to be explored some more.
You could check out the video here....
Digging Spanish Silver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4TFQynMCE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks For reading..
HH
[attachment 334560 mesilver.jpg][attachment 334561 MeLC.jpg][attachment 334562 SSO.jpg][attachment 334563 SSR.jpg]

Es muy bueno!!

I envy you all out there on the East Coast, there is just so much history under the ground!

Nice finds and I enjoyed the video, it looks like that large cent is in good shape. I can only dream of spanish silver.

Randy

Great finds Gary. Please work on the selfie. There are kids here and that's scary

Lovely Large Cent and Plata de Espana esta muy Bueno mi amigo!

Thanks Guy, yes I will Todd.. I tried with and without the hat...Guess I should have left it on.