Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UNI Probe Headset

Fishnmaine

I saw a bunch of videos that guys are using the UniProbe headphones. Any of you have experience with them if so why do you like it.

I saw a bunch of videos that guys are using the UniProbe headphones. Any of you have experience with them if so why do you like it.
like the Uniprobe myself as it is nice to have a pinpointer with some depth to it. I like the idea of of a pulse threshold so when it close to any metal I hear the pulse change faster so I know where the target is. It also a smaller coil in the pinpointer so it is more precise so you don't have to dig too much or smaller holes. I feel it has about 4 or more inches of depth so I can use it first when I know the area of the target and get right on the target fast. I like the idea of putting the pocket when I detect as it is easy to turn on which turns off the audio of the detector. I also like the cable that pugs into the Headphones is replaceable in the field , so I carry a extra cable when I go detecting in case mine cable gets a small wire break.
Now the things that I don't like is you have to use good quality 9 volt batteries and not the rechargeable as they are not a full 9 volt and as soon as the battery goes down a little the probe get harder to adjust the pulse. I use them until it gets unstable and put in new battery and use the old one in one of my 9 volt detector. I also see you can actually bump the switch that turns them on and if you don't notice it the battery will go dead, but if you have good hearing you will hear it pulsing.
My first one I have had for a while and got new ear pad as mine were getting stiff feeling, had to send the probe in a couple of time as a small wire gets broke and makes a bad connection. Being mine was getting old I sent it in the last time to get it fixed and got a second pair, so I 2 sets now .

Over all I like the Uniprobe that have a very good quality headphone and a good pinpointer for the money.

Rick

like the Uniprobe myself as it is nice to have a pinpointer with some depth to it. I like the idea of of a pulse threshold so when it close to any metal I hear the pulse change faster so I know where the target is. It also a smaller coil in the pinpointer so it is more precise so you don't have to dig too much or smaller holes. I feel it has about 4 or more inches of depth so I can use it first when I know the area of the target and get right on the target fast. I like the idea of putting the pocket when I detect as it is easy to turn on which turns off the audio of the detector. I also like the cable that pugs into the Headphones is replaceable in the field , so I carry a extra cable when I go detecting in case mine cable gets a small wire break.
Now the things that I don't like is you have to use good quality 9 volt batteries and not the rechargeable as they are not a full 9 volt and as soon as the battery goes down a little the probe get harder to adjust the pulse. I use them until it gets unstable and put in new battery and use the old one in one of my 9 volt detector. I also see you can actually bump the switch that turns them on and if you don't notice it the battery will go dead, but if you have good hearing you will hear it pulsing.
My first one I have had for a while and got new ear pad as mine were getting stiff feeling, had to send the probe in a couple of time as a small wire gets broke and makes a bad connection. Being mine was getting old I sent it in the last time to get it fixed and got a second pair, so I 2 sets now .

Over all I like the Uniprobe that have a very good quality headphone and a good pinpointer for the money.

Rick
I was looking at these https://detectorpro.com/uni/

I notice they changed the color of the headphones from the picture they post now. My 2 sets are cream color and everything else sees the same. One thing I didn't mention before was if you are real close to the target the audio almost sounds like it screaming so you can tell you are real close so you don't scratch the target. The price is lower than when I got mine.
Got to send both my pair in to get the cable to the probe repaired as it gets erratic, so I think the cable need replaced or repair. I do have to reset the threshold tone as they do drift a little and maybe the new one dont have this problem anymore.

Rick