Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unmasking with ET...

jbow

Sorry I don't have a picture but... today I was at an old empty lot in town. I was picking my way through some trash. It was easier than ever before... noticably easier.
I got a two way, faint, high tone in conductive, multi sounds, coins pattern, low trash, difficult. It only hit one way from 90 degrees.I dug... first I got a 4" nail at about 2". Then under the nail at about 5" was a small brass doorknob, about 2.5" diameter, with the iron bar that goes through the door to the other doorknob still in it. I'm impressed that the he ET told me there was something good in the hole. I didn't even hear an iron tone, just a weak high tone.

Also, I got tired of digging pennies and began to ignore all the XX-37 and XX-38 numbers. I was hitting pennies in heavy, heavy trash. Do people just throw pennies away?? I'll clean the doorknob up and take a picture.

I am really impressed with this detector so far.

Julien

jbow said:
Sorry I don't have a picture but... today I was at an old empty lot in town. I was picking my way through some trash. It was easier than ever before... noticably easier.
I got a two way, faint, high tone in conductive, multi sounds, coins pattern, low trash, difficult. It only hit one way from 90 degrees.I dug... first I got a 4" nail at about 2". Then under the nail at about 5" was a small brass doorknob, about 2.5" diameter, with the iron bar that goes through the door to the other doorknob still in it. I'm impressed that the he ET told me there was something good in the hole. I didn't even hear an iron tone, just a weak high tone.

Also, I got tired of digging pennies and began to ignore all the XX-37 and XX-38 numbers. I was hitting pennies in heavy, heavy trash. Do people just throw pennies away?? I'll clean the doorknob up and take a picture.

I am really impressed with this detector so far.

Julien

Just the same here, I was finding a lot of small pieces of led and tiny 1/4" brass overall buttons amongst the nails and trash unfortunately not to many coins, this field has been heavily night soiled, depth was acceptable at 8" to 12" Auto was running at 25-26. Had a lot of solid signals next to iron growl but found machine recovered very quickly and would pick out the next good signal.

I have come to the conclusion that the ET likes UK soil:detecting: