Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update: Big thanks to Cindy for 5 star customer service on my CTX 3030 under warranty

That's good news. Hopefully they take care of things.
pistolpete said:
I've heard some encouraging news at a recent seminar this past weekend in Toronto regarding a major push by Minelab in North America regarding service and support
b

I would suspect that technicians that are trained to repair detectors would be in very shot supply. Minelab and every other detector manufacturer has to train folks with an electronic background to do the repairs.

I am an OLD retired Submarine Radioman. We had to take care of our own gear and be able to make repairs at sea. I am by no means an electronics technician but I have repaired far more complicated equipment than what a metal detector can be. It should not take long to train someone with an electronics background to repair detectors.

Minelab has been suffering from a distinct lack of leadership in the upper management level. Otherwise they would have seen this fiasco developing a year ago.

Currently Minelab is talking a good story but talk is cheap. I will believe that they are serious when I see some concrete evidence of change and Improvement.

I spoke with a Gentleman who repairs detectors. He said he repaired all machines with the exception of Minelab because Minelab refused to sell him parts to make the repairs. He said he was turned down by Minelab USA and called Minelab Australia and was turned down by them also.

I spent many years in the Retail Trade and know for a fact that Service drives sales. Lack of Service drives sales down the street to someone else.
As folks find out about the deplorable condition of getting repairs done they will abandon Minelab.

I have been saving my Clad finds and have squirrelled away enough to move up to either an Etrac or maybe even a CTX-3030 but I refuse to invest that kind of money into something that one can not get repaired in a decent period of time.

ML isnt the original ML...... once the new company took over things changed. $300 increase over years on Xcal....they said it was because the dollar was poor........ but ive not seen a decrease since the dollar is stronger. CS...... i think that speaks for its self. They look at machine issues with a business sense...... dont fix the problem unless its costing us to much in warranty work. Love their machines...... but they be in trouble if someone comes out with a real good water machine IMO.... especially at a REASONABLE price. Whats this the second or third time they have ..... cleaned house with employees? Moved operations from Ireland to Malaysia........ and quite frankly their first year or so id pass on an Xcal II. All that said......... right now i still own MLs.

Dew

Guess it's a good thing it was under warranty! She won't even give me the time of day about an older out of warranty Excalibur. Not even a return email. Don't know why I keep buying these things! No help from Minelab.

Cindy quit Minelab. I heard that there is someone in Arizona that does the gold machines and has started working on the Xcals also. Don't know who is doing the work.

The folks in FLORIDA are snowed under with work.