Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update: Big thanks to Cindy for 5 star customer service on my CTX 3030 under warranty

jtalley007

Long story shortened, bought a used 3030 under warranty. It had no depth and target ID was all over the place. Owned one when they came out and knew this wasn't right. Fast forward, called and got Cindy, they replaced my coil after I sent mine in, Got it quickly and it target IDs like it should.
Not sure it's as deep as my old one but al least it IDs down to 11" or so.
Just wanted to thank her and Minelab for thinking outside the box and not making me send my machine South if all it was all along was the coil.

Saved a ton of shipping, time, and mucho frustration, thanks again Cindy and Minelab for helping me out.

Can't wait until other repair centers are put in place, we love the technology but need reasonable turn around times. I know you care and are working to resolve this challenge for all of us!

Jerry in VA

Might want to put this in the CTX forum........ so they know. I dont think people with warranties are crying the blues nearly as much as those of us with machine OUT of warranty. Red Headed Step Child comes to mind.

One Gentleman on another forum put his Under Warranty machine up for sale due to having to wait six weeks to get a minor repair on his machine He divorced Minelab.

I waited 16 weeks to get my out of Warranty Sovereign GT repaired. To say that I am not pleased would be putting it mildly.

Customer Service?????? Not from Minelab when it comes to machines that are out of Warranty.

Minelab is supposedly under new management and they sorely need it. Previous management did a very poor job by allowing the situation with repairs to reach the point where it takes Months to get a machine repaired.

I notice that Minelab says that their Goal is to repair a machine in 10 working days. Don't think they are coming very close to goal.

Hopefully we will see some drastic changes made in the near future. If we do not then I may also Divorce Minelab. Good machines but No Service

In the future , I will be extra carefull with excallibur , to prevent careless damage to machine . Its not a fast fix boys .

Mike I was wondering if your machine was still in limbo. Glad to see that you finally after six long months got your machine back.

Machine is in my home town ,at post office . I almost have it back . It seems Kellyco put on shipping way bill $1500.00. Now customs wants an additional $167.00 fee for duty. I tried to explain to both customs and Kellyco ,and now machine is sent back to Canada customs. , so they can see that this 18 year old machine does not require duty charges of this amount.. I HOPE !! ONE MORE REASON THAT MINELAB SHOULD HAVE A REPAIR DEPOT IN CANADA FOR EXCALLIBUR .

Radio World will not work on excallibur . UPDATE - Yesterday Canada Post and Canada Customs ,phoned me and waived the duty fees ,so I got detector back now . After assembling and trying out new gray ghost headphones , I really noticed a different sharper sounding excallibur sword . The 6 month wait is over . Gold season starts now.

Before I sent my Sovereign GT to the Florida repair shop I communicated with a gentleman who does repairs on every machine that he can obtain parts for. He said that he had been in contact with Minelab USA and Minelab Au. He was told that that they would not sell him parts with which to repair any Minelab Machine.

We will see in the next few months if Minelab is truly serious about improving their Customer No Service when it comes to repairs.

16 to 24 weeks to get a machine that is not under warranty repaired is not Service.

GeorgeinSC said:
Before I sent my Sovereign GT to the Florida repair shop I communicated with a gentleman who does repairs on every machine that he can obtain parts for. He said that he had been in contact with Minelab USA and Minelab Au. He was told that that they would not sell him parts with which to repair any Minelab Machine.

We will see in the next few months if Minelab is truly serious about improving their Customer No Service when it comes to repairs.

16 to 24 weeks to get a machine that is not under warranty repaired is not Service.

George, I checked on your repair with my hunting partner in the repair center, your sov gt motherboard had corrosion from salt water when it was hit by wave according to you, the repair center was out of motherboards for the sovereign gt and had to wait for parts to be shipped from Australia.

th, I believe that others were experiencing similar repair waits from what ive read in the threads here.
And before anyone draws any conclusions, I do not fault KC for ML's decision to have only a single source for repairs and to not sell parts to any other repair shop.

And also heard an excuse as to why it took 24 weeks to repair a gentleman's Xcal.

If Minelab plans on keeping my business they will have to show some drastic improvement in the time that it takes to get a machine repaired.

Not claiming that Kellyco is entirely at fault. Minelab screwed up big time when they decided to have only one repair center in North America.

I hear that Minelab says that they are going to remedy the situation. They have had in excess of One Year to take action and not one thing has been done.

I will believe it when it happens. I may not be from Missouri but don't tell me what you are going to do. SHOW ME.

I read somewhere that Cindy is no longer with Minelab. Can anyone confirm or deny this? She seemed to be a bright ray of hope in all this.

Thanks, th.

Let me guess. Lots of good jobs in Chicago for a personable and smart woman who can do customer service.

She finds herself working for a company that clearly has no,plans to improve their lousy arrangements for a single source for North America customer service. A few weeks of that and.....Cindy gone.

How long before customers gone?

Wake up Minelab! You make high performing products and charge a huge premium for them. When they turn out to have an above average failure rate, you emasculate your warranty by choking off warranty service access.

Well - am I mistaken?

Maybe. ML has said they are going to allow other places to repair their machines or some such. But all we've gotten that I am aware of is words so far.

They can open all the service centers they want. Not having the techs they need is the problem. You're not gonna find someone that's trained in metal detectors the easily. I really don't think your basic electronics tech would be up to the task. Trainable I'd think. I really don't think Minelab thought they'd have the warranty issues they're having. Poor planning if you ask me.

I've heard some encouraging news at a recent seminar this past weekend in Toronto regarding a major push by Minelab in North America regarding service and support