Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update legend help

Waterdog

I received the Legend with version 1.07 and I am trying to update it. Not one of my best at updates. Need all the help I can get ! Do I have to bluetooth the headphones while in update ?

Congratulations Waterdog. You will enjoy it now. I had the same experience as you and cannot tell you how aggravated I got, especially with people who said to do exactly what the instructions say, like as if I wasn't, and then saying well, I'm computer smart so it was easy for me.

So we should tell them not to follow the instructions and do it your way? Ive had difficulties as well just saying it helps if you understand computers geez

After trying to update unsuccessfully for six hours I took it to a friend who updated it in ten minutes.
My first Legend came with the 1.04 version which was the first version the Legend came with, the first update which was 1.05 took me almost 4 hours to get the update to work after double and triple checking everything it finally went then came the 1.06 which installed in minutes then 1.07 was quickly released to us again it took a couple of hours, then 1.08 came out which took me over 17 hours to get it to install, there was issues with the 1.08 version so they quickly came out with 1.09 again the install took a couple of hours this was all with the original first install tool then they came out with a new updater tool which has been revised once there has not been a new update yet so I am hoping when the next update is released the update process is easier.

there is also a update for the threshold if you have not done that update you will need to download the threshold update which is a whole separate update and a whole different update tool separate from the 1.09 update tool

here is the new manual for the Legend which includes all the original features and also includes all the newly added features that are included in the 1.09 you will need this to learn all the current features and settings of the Legend

The Legend User Manual (EN)ViewDownload

the threshold update is pretty simple

here is the Threshold update if you have not done it yet

Threshold Volume Update

The threshold volume heard through the Bluetooth headphones has been updated to be more linear with the threshold level setting.

Download: Threshold Volume Update Tool (Windows)
Download: Threshold Volume Update Tool (macOS)

Threshold Volume Update Tool (Windows)Threshold Volume Update Tool (macOS)

one last thing make sure you do a factory reset since you have now updated to 1.09 from 1.07 (THIS IS CRITICAL TO DO)

My first Legend came with the 1.04 version which was the first version the Legend came with, the first update which was 1.05 took me almost 4 hours to get the update to work after double and triple checking everything it finally went then came the 1.06 which installed in minutes then 1.07 was quickly released to us again it took a couple of hours, then 1.08 came out which took me over 17 hours to get it to install, there was issues with the 1.08 version so they quickly came out with 1.09 again the install took a couple of hours this was all with the original first install tool then they came out with a new updater tool which has been revised once there has not been a new update yet so I am hoping when the next update is released the update process is easier.

there is also a update for the threshold if you have not done that update you will need to download the threshold update which is a whole separate update and a whole different update tool separate from the 1.09 update tool

here is the new manual for the Legend which includes all the original features and also includes all the newly added features that are included in the 1.09 you will need this to learn all the current features and settings of the Legend

Threshold Volume Update

The threshold volume heard through the Bluetooth headphones has been updated to be more linear with the threshold level setting.

one last thing make sure you do a factory reset since you have now updated to 1.09 from 1.07 (THIS IS CRITICAL TO DO)
What he said lol.
Oldkoot has the best explanations.
Im just the dumbass that just tells you to read the instructions

What he said lol.
Oldkoot has the best explanations.
Im just the dumbass that just tells you to read the instructions
just take things with a grain of salt DigDog

the only reason people say what they say is because they are saying it on a PC and not to someones face, and sometimes things come out differently from what someone would actually say to someone face to face
it is just human nature to act and say things they otherwise would not standing face to face, it has been this way on the net ever since it's inception, and I will admit I have to hold back on my replies every once in a while LOL, or I would get banned on a few forums LOL

my best advice is don't let it get to you

just take things with a grain of salt DigDog

the only reason people say what they say is because they are saying it on a PC and not to someones face, and sometimes things come out differently from what someone would actually say to someone face to face
it is just human nature to act and say things they otherwise would not standing face to face, it has been this way on the net ever since it's inception, and I will admit I have to hold back on my replies every once in a while LOL, or I would get banned on a few forums LOL

my best advice is don't let it get to you
No i get it.
Same even with just plain ole text
messages, emails etc. things get easily taken out of context when you can’t personally see expressions, hear tones. Nobody talks in person anymore and it sucks. People get easily offended or offend easily. Jump to conclusions without all the facts. Its the new world.
Great example our mom passed away yesterday and i was still on here trying to help best i could. Its all good.

No i get it.
Same even with just plain ole text
messages, emails etc. things get easily taken out of context when you can’t personally see expressions, hear tones. Nobody talks in person anymore and it sucks. People get easily offended or offend easily. Jump to conclusions without all the facts. Its the new world.
Great example our mom passed away yesterday and i was still on here trying to help best i could. Its all good.
Man I am sorry to hear that about your mom, my condolences for your Loss

I had issues with my first update 1.05 to 1.07. I just tried different USB ports on the computer. Typically the front ports or ports on keyboards are seen as hubs to the pc. It's always best in my opinion to use the ports on the I/O. (back of PC)

the only reason people say what they say is because they are saying it on a PC and not to someones face
I stand behind what I say. If you want to know who I am PM me. Come and visit face to face if you want.

My point is that everyone who has tried to update their Legend has read the instructions, right? How do you have any idea what to do without reading the instructions? How could anyone even try? To assume someone didn't read them is to assume they are not very smart, in my opinion and that rubs me wrong. I am sorry is Digdog is offended and give my condolences for his loss but telling people their problems are because they didn't read the instructions is not helping them in the least.

CDDZ has very good information to help. I posted in another thread on the subject that my problem was with the USB ports on my computer and I had to shut it down and reboot for the update to take and that was not in the instructions.

I stand behind what I say. If you want to know who I am PM me. Come and visit face to face if you want.

My point is that everyone who has tried to update their Legend has read the instructions, right? How do you have any idea what to do without reading the instructions? How could anyone even try? To assume someone didn't read them is to assume they are not very smart, in my opinion and that rubs me wrong. I am sorry is Digdog is offended and give my condolences for his loss but telling people their problems are because they didn't read the instructions is not helping them in the least.

CDDZ has very good information to help. I posted in another thread on the subject that my problem was with the USB ports on my computer and I had to shut it down and reboot for the update to take and that was not in the instructions.
I do agree with you, it does irritate the hell out of me when people tell people to read the instructions, I got that from people also when trying to update my Legends, there is no rhyme or reason to the update process and why some have no issues updating and then others it takes hours to get the update to work, just like myself the 1.08 took me 17 hours before it finally installed on my Legends,well one of my Legends then the second one went in a matter of seconds performing the same steps that on the first Legend took hours, again there is no rhyme or reason for it and everyone kept telling me to read the instructions it was totally ridiculous

my comment was not necessarily directed at you but to people in general, and my point is that most people on the Net do not respond the same as they do when they are face to face with someone, people make up charters on the net and portray themselves as something they are not when if they would just be themselves it would be a whole better world, if someone met me in person they would find I am the same in person as I am on the web, but just do not get me mad because then they would see a side of me that I control pretty good.

To assume someone didn't read them is to assume they are not very smart, in my opinion and that rubs me wrong.
First of all i was not offended, rather trying to clear up a misunderstanding as what you stated was not my assumption.
The OP stated if he needed to pair the bluetooth headphones for the update?
The instructions do not say to pair up the bluetooth headphones? so he either did not read them,was misunderstanding them.or overthinking everything.
I am sure he is very smart more so then me but sometimes we get overwhelmed as i was at first. I was simply implying just don’t deviate from the instructions and worry about the bluetooth headphones and other things not mentioned and it SHOULD go smoothly.
Sometimes you might have to try different things like alternate usb ports etc and having some computer knowledge helps in this regard. I think the only one assuming the wrong thing was yourself. Im sure are a fine gentleman and appreciate the offer to meet but at the time rather consumed. No offense taken.
Have a nice day.

I do agree with you, it does irritate the hell out of me when people tell people to read the instructions, I got that from people also when trying to update my Legends, there is no rhyme or reason to the update process and why some have no issues updating and then others it takes hours to get the update to work, just like myself the 1.08 took me 17 hours before it finally installed on my Legends,well one of my Legends then the second one went in a matter of seconds performing the same steps that on the first Legend took hours, again there is no rhyme or reason for it and everyone kept telling me to read the instructions it was totally ridiculous

my comment was not necessarily directed at you but to people in general, and my point is that most people on the Net do not respond the same as they do when they are face to face with someone, people make up charters on the net and portray themselves as something they are not when if they would just be themselves it would be a whole better world, if someone met me in person they would find I am the same in person as I am on the web, but just do not get me mad because then they would see a side of me that I control pretty good.
First update took me hours second one minutes never said it was easy, frustrating at the least. Its different for everyone

I had issues with my first update 1.05 to 1.07. I just tried different USB ports on the computer. Typically the front ports or ports on keyboards are seen as hubs to the pc. It's always best in my opinion to use the ports on the I/O. (back of PC)
I tried every port on 4 different PCs with the 1.08 update which took me 17 hours before it finally installed on my first legend, then after updating my first legend which originally had 1.04 on it I updated my wife's which I was not looking forward to because of the first one hers updated in a matter of seconds her legend was 1.05 which I had the dealer I purchased hers from to update to 1.07 before he shipped it out

I tried every port on 4 different PCs with the 1.08 update which took me 17 hours before it finally installed on my first legend, then after updating my first legend which originally had 1.04 on it I updated my wife's which I was not looking forward to because of the first one hers updated in a matter of seconds her legend was 1.05 which I had the dealer I purchased hers from to update to 1.07 before he shipped it out
Every time i tried with a mac it was unsuccessful
Someone just suggested trying different usb ports as i did as well. Seems to be no rime or reason but rather luck lol. I did remember having to save under a different file where the instructions to do that were not included. then it worked in seconds. Again just sayin if you have some computer knowledge definitely helps

Threshold Volume Update

Starting to read the new 1.09 owners manual i got off this forum and have not did the upgrade yet. I tried to but didnt have no luck and going to have someone help that know more on computers later on. I read where you have to do a factory reset after you do the update and wonder what that is as I dont see anything in the manual on how to reset it and wonder how this is done. I am sure I will have much more question as we go.

Thanks Rick