Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

update on new 15" coil........

NE Digger

So far I like it!
I havent spent any time in the field.....but got the chance to hit my test garden today.
Doesnt seem to give up much if ANY sensitivity on small conductors, as is typical with large coils. Will still get my deep small stuff very very well.
Depth is very good. A lot of the iffy deep targets in my garden sound quite a bit better. Havent done any exacting measurements...............but seems deeper. Time in the field will tell the tale. Surface coverage is awesome! Will get targets at depth from nearly the tip of the coil to the back of it. Should eliminate quite a bit of overlap. (this means faster coverage in big fields).
Pinpointing is very good as well. Pinpoints dead center on the coil.......just a tiny bit ahead of where the shaft fastens to the coil.
It IS a heavy sucker though. After getting used to the Stock coil on the F75.....................the extra weight will take a lot of getting used to. I think I see a swingy thingy in my future. :detecting:
All in all..........................as far as my test garden results.....................I give it a 8 out of 10. (two points deducted for the white color..............and weight).
If it produces like I hope it will in the field.................it looks like it will be a good un. Hope to get it out in the field soon as work and weather permits. Stay tuned........

LOL.........I predicted in a earlier post that the Swingy would be a necessity. Thanks for the quick test. Keep us posted. Lots of people interested in this Bad Boy.:) Yeah, the color is....ummmmmm.......not so hot. Maybe later production units will go to black if we all complain about the color.
Maybe Dave J. could illuminate us on the following, I think the plastic used in the 11" DD is not the same as the plastic used in the 5" DD. I wonder if there was a technical reason the white plastic was used in this coil. Dave J.???????

Thanks for the post, now get that puppy out in the field! JK Is that the original F75 or the LTD/SE w/BP mode that you're testing it on? I am very, very interested to see what it will do in both BP and CL mode.

I saw a forumite post that he was hunting in CL mode with the sensitivity set to something like 5 and was getting ultra deep coins (post copied below) and if this is true, I can only imagine how this will work with the 15" DD.

go-rebels said:
I love running this unit with DISC=0, DP tones and SENS=3. Minelabe quiet, no EMI, and pounds targets deep. I use Killer Bee headphones with the headphone volume turned up 100% and detector volume set to 75%. Shallow targets sound off very loud; deep targets are quieter and easily distinguished.

I run slow, but never as slow as my Etrac.

Yeah kind of lame they made it white....maybe white plastic is cheaper then black plastic, I dunno :shrug:

TerraDigger said:
LOL.........I predicted in a earlier post that the Swingy would be a necessity. Thanks for the quick test. Keep us posted. Lots of people interested in this Bad Boy.:) Yeah, the color is....ummmmmm.......not so hot. Maybe later production units will go to black if we all complain about the color.
Maybe Dave J. could illuminate us on the following, I think the plastic used in the 11" DD is not the same as the plastic used in the 5" DD. I wonder if there was a technical reason the white plastic was used in this coil. Dave J.???????

Just about everything we do has a reason. But we don't very often disclose the reasons. In this particular case, everyone can see that the 15 incher is white. Knowing why won't change that, but a can of spray paint will. However I recommend against the spray paint maneuver, it would probably void the warranty. For good reason.

--Dave J.

If one of us guesses the technical answer for the reason of the the coil's white color, will you send them a nice freebie from First Texas?:)

I would say that the reason the coil is white would be to help maintain thermal stablitity.

HH
Mike

that would be "stability".

don't know where the extra thumb came from :shrug:

HH
Mike

White coils tend to reflect the suns energy......while black absorbs it. One of the big problems with a lot of coils in the past was drift due to thermal changes. Its STILL ugly though!