Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on the new Explorer & E-Trac book

Andy Sabisch

I have had a number of people contact me to ask about the new book and as they say, best laid plans tend to go in the ditch and the new book project was no exception.

As I tried to wrap it up, I kept getting more questions that I felt needed to be addressed, photos of finds that really begged to be added, tips from users that had real value to include for others, . . . . . not to mention a number of "real life" issues that came up around the house and had to be addressed. The bottom line is that time simply got away from me.

I finally drew a line in the sand when the book reached 192 pages and said enough is enough. . . . . . considering we went to a larger 8.5"x11" format, there is a lot of information in the book for all types of people . . . . . technical stuff on the Explorers and E-Trac for those that want that level of detail, gobs of tips from users that have shown what both detectors can do worldwide, photos of finds that will make even the most jaded hunter get fired up . . . . . and the bottom line is, the book should help even the most seasoned hunter pick up at least a few tips that will make them more successful in the field. I have had feedback from a few that have seen the entire book or sections of it before it went to the printer and that has been the overall consensus.

It finally went to the printer but rather than early October as I had hoped, it will be the 3rd week of November when it hits. I know it is cutting it close for the holiday season but that's where we are. I think the end result is worth the additional time it took to get it wrapped up.

The title of the book is "The Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook".

Thanks to all that provided input in the form of tips, preferred techniques and photos of finds . . . . . no mater how well you feel you might be doing, there are some guys out there that make you want to cry with what they find on a regular basis . . . . amazing finds from some amazing hunters using the detectors that have set the bar in terms of performance.

Andy Sabisch

:thumbup::minelab::yo:

How and where can we get our hands on it once released?