Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on today’s Gold Ring

CT Todd

The ring Turns out to be Colonial for sure with the maker of the ring identified.
Colonial Gold Unbelievable
Information from Nancy Barnaby Janeliunas quoted here
The ring as a pretty significant find. Its a documented well known NYC silversmith. Will copy this info here so its not buried under someone's comment.......... Cornelias Wynkoop is the maker of the ring. His mark is documented and there is quite a bit of history on him and his family. THey are well known Dutch silversmiths from Albany NY but their workshop was in NYC. He started silversmithing in 1715 in his father's shop and then he took the shop over. This ring is probably towards the mid to later part of his career. So mid 1700s range.

Attachments

• 079B92B9-9378-45CC-9031-606E528546D3.jpeg
    079B92B9-9378-45CC-9031-606E528546D3.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 26BFC14C-D842-4894-9B69-26567E3DB306.jpeg
    26BFC14C-D842-4894-9B69-26567E3DB306.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 243
  • A15C1810-EA9C-4EBA-BB04-8598FF8E3389.jpeg
    A15C1810-EA9C-4EBA-BB04-8598FF8E3389.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 240
That’s insane...I often wondered how far back American gold jewelry went back but had no idea it went that far back..totally amazing..learn something new every day...congrats on a very cool find..

Once in a life time. Outstanding find. Missing Connecticut what it yeilds when you least expect it.

Oh man, good thing you looked into this find!!
That is an old one for sure and you have the documents to prove it too!!
Very nice score.... wonder what karat it is?

WOW what a cool find

Mr. Todd you have made one spectacular gold find!!! Congratulations!!!

That is a great find Todd! I found a gold ring in a field years ago and my daughter grabbed it! We were told it was a least 18k.

That's a really nice find ,, a gold ring , from the 1700s , made in our own country to boot ,, from a reputable goldsmith ,,, very nice find ,, I don't even know how you could put a price on that ,, amazing ,,